Associate Director, Biostatistics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 4/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Serono is recruiting for an Associate Director, Biostatistics to join their R&D group to be located in either Billerica or Rockland, MA. This position may require up to 15% domestic and international travel.
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Associate Director will be part of a team that encourages career growth and development and will play a key role in the success of drug development. The Associate Director will serve as an expert in statistics and be responsible to consider, evaluate and propose the optimal analysis methodology and data presentation techniques.
* Translate problems into mathematical forms and use state-of-the-art modelling techniques to provide solutions.
* Direct and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the vendor s output. You will anticipate and communicate study level resource and quality issues that may impact deliverables or timelines and you will propose and implement solutions.
* Support the development and implementation of departmental standards and process improvements to maximize global data integration and interpretability.
* Directly be responsible for the statistical integrity, adequacy and accuracy of the clinical studies within the project.
* Represent the Biostatistics department in all interactions linked to the project that will take place with the Health Authority.
* Ph.D. or MS in Statistics, Biostatistics or related discipline is required
* Previous experience in a similar position as a key Senior Statistician within a global development project ideally in Neurodegenerative diseases (Multiple Sclerosis mainly), Rheumatology / Immunology or Oncology will be helpful to progress rapidly in this position and to ensure that you successfully operate as a leading Statistician.
* This role will require strong communications (fluent in English) and influencing skills and great adaptability, interacting with the global project team, leveraging internal and external resources to achieve high quality, timely and cost-effective study deliverables.
Normal and routine office duties
Position requires both domestic and international travel
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.