Director, Business Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Purpose:
Provide vision, strategy and operational leadership for the company's health economics functions relating to business development, financial outcomes and contracting analysis. Serve as primary corporate analytical contacts for the company to support company's and the Health Plans' information needs to support strategic and operational goals and objectives.
* Provide utilization and cost analyses to support health plan and corporate health benefits ratio, utilizing enterprise analytic and predictive models and data analysis tools
* Create an analytical environment that enhances medical cost decisions to maximize utilization of these tools. Support the business process and systems to ensure integrity of the health economics/data warehouse data
* Direct the consolidation, organization, and manipulation of health information to support medical expenditure and utilization analyses and evaluate new tools/develop new models to analytically support existing and future business
* Identify risks and opportunities associated with future profitability and member retention
* Support merger and acquisition opportunities with financial and statistical analysis
* Conduct medical cost data economic analysis, research and development projects for the Health Plan's and Finance to identify strategic and operational opportunities, using enterprise tools
* Prepare and distribute medical cost lags to finance, utilizing enterprise tools
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Health Administration or related field. 7+ years of healthcare reporting and analytics.
Master's degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics preferred. Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines while maintaining high standards.
* Participates in planning and execution of strategic investments in analytic tools and applications
* Evaluates effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) for various initiatives
* Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis and designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
* Expert in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
* Expose to both Healthcare and Pharmaceutical data
Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.