Director, Business Development - Continuing Medical Education 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Award winning Northern New Jersey-based continuing medical education (CME) group currently has an exceptional career opportunity for an individual with CME experience and a desire to work in a business development position. _This p__osition offers the flexibility of working in our New Jersey office or telecommuting from anywhere in the continental U.S__._
The candidate chosen will report directly to the Group Director, Business Development. He/she will be exposed to all aspects of business development, including the identification of CME grant opportunities, partnership development, instructional design, grant writing and budget development, as well as working with accredited bodies to ensure compliance with all ACCME standards.
The individual we are seeking must have a strong drive to succeed in a very competitive environment with the vision and enthusiasm to build relationships, identify, develop, and secure new opportunities for grant acquisition. This is a unique opportunity that requires a thorough understanding of CME business development, grant development, program implementation and execution.
The candidate chosen for this position will be on track to become a key player within our organization and will have access to all levels of management.
* Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of CME, and complete fluency in the ACCME Essentials, Elements, Policies, and Standards, OIG and PhRMA guidelines
* Experience in CME program management is preferred and
* Business development and grant acquisition experience required
* A proven track record in successful grant acquisition is a must
* Offer a solution-oriented approach to business challenges
* Must be organized, creative, and efficient
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required
* Ability to work under deadline pressure, both independently and as part of a team
* Strict attention to detail
* Ability to travel/work during the week and on weekends
* Minimum educational requirement: Bachelor's Degree
* Strong science background and existing contacts are a plus
This position offers the latitude to work in the office or remotely.