Director, Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Director of Business Development, Strategic Partnerships & Licensed Businesses, is responsible for program development and success of 'Store within a Store' opportunities at Sears Holdings Corporation. This position will work closely with the leadership team to identify and develop external, third party merchandise and service concepts that expand current offerings in store and online to our members and customers.
The director will identify potential partnership opportunities; develop new business models and expansion strategies that drive value for all key stakeholders: Sears Holdings, partners and customers and members. The director will steer and own the entire business development cycle, from initial conversation to launch and maturity. This includes the negotiation of contractual agreements with business partners and across all sales channels. The director has overall business income responsibility. He/she must interact/coordinate with other business leaders and support functions, including finance/IT/operations, marketing to implement and develop new business opportunities.
The position is responsible to establish the business model and sourcing structure for assigned categories of business. All initiatives will be focused on delivering planned income to SHC and value to Sears customers/members.
* Identifies and develops potential strategic partnerships in assigned areas.
* Leverages and develops industry network of potential contacts with strategic business partners.
* Collaborates with potential partners to develop business, financial and operating models to deliver specific in-store 'Shop in Shop' concepts, including the specifics of the customer value proposition, actualization of partner brand merchandising and pricing strategies, concept and model testing, growth strategies.
* Negotiates and manages the development and execution of contracts. Oversees proper execution of negotiated contract terms. Manages contract renewals and related terms.
* Prepares and presents materials to communicate business concepts and models to various senior level associates as required to establish vision and obtain alignment.
* Develops and directs the implementation of business synergy programs with other SHC entities.
* Manages annual financial plan; updates monthly performance and financial forecasts and addresses deficiencies through the development of actionable plans with partners.
* Collaborates with license business partners to analyze the current performance of all markets and develop strategies to improve performance.
* Coordinates and directs the various support groups/teams with the needs of the licensed business including launch strategies and ongoing business support.
* Develops relationships and works with internal business partners in critical support areas such as IT, merchandising, marketing, on-line, etc. as well as potential third party providers to support implementation of business initiatives. Handles all aspects of cross-functional project management and execution.
* Fundamental knowledge of retail accounting, P+L management
* Fundamental knowledge and experience with retail operations
* Basic negotiation skills, experience
* Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skillsets
* Solution orientated mindset, overall positive attitude that over-comes challenges or obstacles
* Ability to create long-term vision and address details required to drive success
* Ability to influence and lead across multi-functional work teams
Position location: Hoffman Estates, Illinois