Director, Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
The NPD Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONNew Business Development
Chart a new course for clients with innovative market research solutions. Have fun and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the nation's leading market research providers in the world. We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world's largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. You will develop new business accounts to ensure continued growth and profitability. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
We are seeking proven, quota-carrying sales performers to help us grow our Receipt-based Insight business across multiple industry sectors. You will be responsible for developing and generating new sales focused on existing accounts. Products and services include syndicated consumer and industry insights for both digital and physical purchasing channels as well as ad-hoc analysis from products that leverage aggregated consumer receipt data.You will interact closely with senior management and cross-functional groups including Client Development, Product Management, Corporate Marketing, and Research Science to achieve objectives.
This position is open to location, with a preference for the New York area.
* Drive assigned portfolio to achieve and surpass sales, revenue growth, and profitability goals.
* Up-sell and leverage business from new and established customer relationships.
* Leverage personal sales skills, experiences, and gained knowledge of NPD's core competencies in analytics, and data management to build deeper relationships with assigned client group for insight into specific, high value-add solution opportunities.
* Utilize consultative selling approach to identify data needs and recommend relevant program options.
* Align NPD's service and product offerings with client needs through conversations with clients at meetings, industry conferences, and events and through development and delivery of presentations, white papers, briefings, and proposals.
* Prepare customized sales presentations; apply knowledge of information to demonstrate measurable business results.
* Identify common themes from clients to assist in the development of new NPD products.
* Proactively develop new customer contacts, conduct strategic calls, collaborate with client facing practice teams to manage account planning, generate leads, participate in customers' business planning, and coordinate and deliver proposals.
* Develop a rich and healthy sales pipeline, and convert pipeline into recognized revenue.
* Identify, develop, and close new opportunities among assigned clients.
* Identify and develop strategies to support revenue and sales growth.
* Must have experience in outbound prospecting and closing of new business.
* 5-10+ years of selling market research or other business insights to merchants and an established track record of selling to new clients and achieving annual sales goals across multiple industry sectors.
* Strong digital accumen
* Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals with W2's of $200k+
* Your skill set includes solid sales forecasting abilities and revenue achievement, while building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers.
* Demonstrated expertise in strategic account planning, cold calling and lead development.
* Experience in consultative selling and prospecting to manufacturers and retailers
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with buyers.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Strong presentation and communication skills.
* Travel ~ 35%
* BA/BS, MBA preferred.
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a can-do perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
*NPD is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
The world around us is changing. Retail is in a state of major transition, and consumers have more options than ever. As a leading provider of global information and advisory services, NPD is at the forefront of helping our clients, the world's biggest brands and retailers understand and profit from these changes.
Since 1966, we have been helping businesses track industry trends and understand their customers in order to get the right products in the right places for the right people at the right prices. We serve more than a dozen industries including consumer electronics, entertainment, fashion, food / foodservice, toys, video games, and more.
We want to lead manufacturers and retailers on collaborating via the effective use of our information in line reviews and joint business planning.