Director, Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
* Identify and develop new partnership opportunities from concept to launch, focused on Pandora distribution and user growth.
* Maintain active relationships with Pandora's key partners including proactively resolving business issues and serving as an internal advocate for our partnerships.
* Maintain pipeline of new partnership opportunities designed to drive increased listening, revenue and extend Pandora's brand.
* Understand the competitive landscape; identify strategic opportunities and threats, and actively communicate them to Pandora senior leadership.
* Drive relationship building process at multiple levels between partners and Pandora.
* Negotiate and execute partner agreements.
* Partner with marketing, product, legal and other internal teams to to evaluate, explore and execute strategic partnership opportunities.
* Manage a team of business development professionals as Pandora grows
* 8+ years of experience in Business Development or Corporate Development, at a large consumer technology and/or media brand in the digital industry; music experience a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and develop new partnerships from concept to activation.
* Thought leader with a proven ability of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus.
* Serve as main point of contact for all internal operational touch points for partners and proactively resolve business issues
* Proven success in ideating, developing, negotiating and closing complex and creative deals
* Organized, detail-oriented, and able to coordinate and lead meetings across multiple teams and functions
* Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment.
* Strong contract negotiation skills
* Extensive industry contacts and ability to navigate Silicon Valley startup and tech scenes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-motivated, curious
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and evolving organization
* Passionate about the work you'll do at Pandora with a confident and humble approach
* BA or equivalent required; MBA or advanced degree desired
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.