Director, Business Development, Oracle Practice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (DBD), ORACLE PRACTICE
ABOUT HITACHI CONSULTING CORPORATION
Hitachi Consulting is the global management consulting and IT services business of Hitachi Ltd., a global technology leader and a catalyst of sustainable societal change. In that same spirit and building on its technology heritage Hitachi Consulting is a catalyst for positive business change, propelling companies ahead by enabling superior operational performance. Working within their existing processes and focusing on targeted functional challenges, we help our clients respond to dynamic global change with insight and agility. Our unique approach delivers measurable, sustainable business results and a better consulting experience.
ABOUT HITACHI, LTD.
Hitachi, Ltd., (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 320,000 employees worldwide. Hitachi has a strategic focus on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, environmental, industrial and transportation systems, and social and urban systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
HITACHI CONSULTING, ORACLE PRACTICE
Hitachi Consulting is an Oracle Diamond Partner, the highest level of partnership recognized by Oracle, with just 11 Diamond Partners world-wide. This significant partnership level recognizes Hitachi Consulting's depth and breadth of skills across the entire Oracle product suite, global delivery capabilities and certifications and commitment to the Oracle alliance.
Hitachi Consulting combines the skills and delivery capabilities normally provided by a specialist, niche technology practice, with the exceptional capabilities found only in large global consultancies. Our unique Hitachi brand, with offices around the world, embedded in dozens of industries, gives our consultants invaluable access to information, training and experience that only Hitachi can deliver.
Hitachi Consulting has several thousand Oracle professionals focused specifically on Oracle solutions. The Oracle practice is the firms largest practice worldwide. In addition, Hitachi Consulting has deployed Oracle worldwide to run its own global operations.
New York, NY or Boston, MA
The Oracle Director of Business Development is responsible for pipeline development, sales strategy and execution leading to sales of Oracle-related services (Consulting and Managed Services). They ensure achievement of strategic revenue objectives for an assigned market segment, which may be defined as an Industry, Geographic, or Solution-specific territory within North America.
The DBDs primary role is to generate, qualify, and close new business for the company with a mix of existing and new clients. The role requires effective communication with appropriate client executives to understand their needs and deliver compelling and effective sales proposals, working in concert with the Service Delivery Pursuit Team.
Successful Hitachi Consulting DBDs have at least ten years of professional services and/or Oracle sales experience. They operate comfortably with senior executives, work well independently, and have an entrepreneurial bent, allowing them to move fluidly from business development/marketing activities to closing large, transformational deals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* 50% - Helps coordinate and lead the sales pursuit process. In conjunction with Sales and Delivery team, develops new business from new customers and expands business with existing client relationships. Sees that sales strategies/plans are consistent with company's long-range strategic objectives.
* 40% - Builds a sales pipeline by developing, nurturing and maintaining client, alliance partner sales force and new business relationships, and executing demand generation activities.
* 10% - Performs necessary sales administration to make sure that all parties are kept up to date on sales activities. Includes participating in weekly and periodic Go To Market team meetings and keeping sales reporting tools up to date.
* Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing, or information services, advanced degree in business or marketing desirable.
* Minimum of 10 years in sales and/or marketing.
* Excellent business development skills in business-to-business technology sales with the ability to effectively direct business development tasks in order to maximize revenues and profits. In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices.
* Must work collaboratively with Service Delivery personnel.
* Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation and organizational skills.
* Experience in selling to Fortune 2000 customers desired
* Experience with the Industry and/or Solution Pillar inherent in the specific positions scope
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation and organizational skills
* Strong Microsoft skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Visio
* Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!
* Hitachi Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V