Director, Business Development, Strategic Technology Solutions.Sales 8/9/2016
Hitachi Consulting Corporation US
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Solutions Director of Business Development (DBD)
About Hitachi Consulting Corporation:
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s global consulting company, with operations throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Its client base includes 35 percent of the Fortune 100 and 25 percent of the Global 100, along with many mid-market leaders. With offices throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Hitachi Consulting employs more than 5,000 professionals across 13 countries with delivery centers in India (Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad), China (Guangzhou) and the United States to offer global delivery scale. For more information, visit www.hitachiconsulting.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.:
Hitachi, Ltd., (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 320,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2011 (ended March 31, 2012) consolidated revenues totaled 9,665 billion yen ($117.8 billion). Hitachi will focus more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, environmental, industrial and transportation systems, and social and urban systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
Basic Purpose, Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Solutions Director of Business Development (DBD) will be primarily responsible pairing our solutions to the needs of prospective business clients. The DBD would prioritize and strategize pursuits, manage complex sales cycles, map solutions to business scenarios at the executive level, and drive revenue. The position requires carrying an executive presence, while articulating how HCC solutions to address client pain points and drive positive business outcomes.
* Understand and articulate business pain points with executive level audiences
* Map HCC solutions to business problems through perfect delivery of solution message
* Act as a multi-threaded thinker to solve multiple business problems or offer multi-pronged solutions to a problem
* Identify future deals while giving input into prioritization and strategy of pursuits Manage complex sales cycles and answer the tough client questions
* Work with solutions development team to assess market readiness of new solutions and messaging
* Maintain a deep knowledge of HCC solutions and their application to business scenarios and represent HCC in all opportunities to present and prospective clients
* High professional and personal integrity with very high ethical standards and maintain HCCs standard of excellence and honesty
* Minimum of 8-10 years experience of business development.
* Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience within a leading Solutions firm
* Excellent business development skills and developing industry solutions
* Ability to generate, negotiate, and close business deals with key pursuits over long sales cycles
* Strong communications skills and proven track record of creating and delivering presentations to C and board level audiences (Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.)
* Strong technical aptitude, as characterized by understanding of technical concepts, value proposition and benefits, and ability to tailor messaging to a broad audience
* Ability to manage multiple ongoing pursuits and initiatives with superb organizational skills
* Willingness to travel 100%
* Experience with personal entrepreneurship and sales
* Technical and consulting understanding, but not pedigree
* Existing achievement of selling $80M-100M annual revenue through management of large pipeline
* Experience working with prioritized net-new logos and account expansion
* Self-motivated and resilient team player with stamina as a road warrior
* Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!
* Hitachi Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V