Director Cardiovascular Services - Cardiac Cath Lab 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26110-7685
Director of Cardiovascular Services - Cardiac Cath Lab
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for over 60 years. As a comprehensive healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. A 488-bed acute care facility, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with over 700 physicians representing 27 medical specialties. Its Centers of Excellence include: the Maternity and Women s Health Center, the Miami Cancer Center, the Minimally Invasive Institute, the Orthopaedics Institute, and the Surgical Weight Loss Center.
As Miami-Dade County s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and is affiliated with HCA East Florida Division, an HCA affiliate. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Director of Cardiovascular Services assumes the role as a leader in planning, directing and managing the Cardiac Cath Lab; Pre/Post Holding Unit, and staff to assure quality service on a 24-hour basis.
* Manage the daily operations for the Cardiovascular Lab department
* Provide high-quality patient care to and act as a liaison with patients and their representatives
* Create, initiate, and integrate new concepts and practices to improve customer satisfaction and clinical outcomes
* Ensure efficient operation of the department and optimum use of resources to maximize productivity and minimize indirect and direct costs
* Promote teamwork with physicians and all health care providers
* Promote internal and external customer satisfaction and for appropriate resource management
* Carries out established techniques for safe administration of medications and parental fluids per hospital policies
* Identifies modifications necessary to reflect staffing patterns in relationship to patient acuity, technology, and resource management annually, and as needed to meet the changing needs in health care
* Communicate with ancillary staff and discharge planners to facilitate patient care and related clinical issues throughout the continuum of care
* Collaborate with hospital leadership in planning, directing and monitoring activities of assigned areas via performance improvement activities that support Patient Care
* Ensure compliance of federal, state and local laws and regulations; along with standards established by JCAHO
For more information contact Elizabeth.Flader@HCAHealthcare.com.
* Current Florida Nursing License
* BSN required, MSN preferred
* 7+ years clinical experience in Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology, Angiography and recovery unit
* 3+ years progressive hospital management experience in a similar size acute care setting
* Department leadership in a high volume Cardiac Cath Lab
* Current BLS and ACLS certifications
Last Edited: 11/04/2016