Director, Carrier Sales
More information about this job
The Director of Carrier Sales is responsible for leading a team of sales executives in the pursuit of new business and existing account growth and retention. The Sales Director will recruit, develop and coach the team to achieve success in a highly technical outside sales model. This position contributes to the success of EarthLink Carrier by leading efforts to maximize the achievement of revenue growth and market share through new acquisition, growth and account retention. This will be accomplished by providing strong leadership, direction, and guidance to this highly technical high activity outside sales team.
* Ensures team understands, can articulate and work to support the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the company.
* Recruiting, training & coaching top producing Sales Executives
* Ensure the success and profitability of the assigned region by consistently achieving sales and retention goals and objectives.
* Develop, implement and manage a formalized account planning strategy for the region.
* Provide leadership and develop business strategies and motivate a team of outside sales representatives responsible for presenting solutions to potential and existing clients.
* Meeting all management objectives regarding activity, headcount and sales results.
* Utilizing evaluation and tracking systems to accurately report sales numbers, monthly forecasts and expenses.
* Providing team with professional and technical advice on business applications to ensure they are equipped to provide customer satisfaction by fulfilling customer needs.
* Ensuring the success and profitability of the sales team.
* Local travel required daily. Some regional travel required for new hire and on-going
* 7-10 years sales experience in the telecom Carrier Sales Market
* Preferred 5+ years of sales management in wholesale / carrier telecom sales
* Ability to build and manage relationships with dispersed teams
* Proved a consistent track record of success selling & managing in the carrier market
* Ability to demonstrate success in a high volume sales environment
* Demonstrated ability to drive on-going account/opportunity planning resulting in boosted sales
* Possess a strong work ethic and drive to achieve high sales numbers
* Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and writing skills
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and communications skills to partner with all levels, both inside and outside the company to achieve team and company goals
* Must have a desire for success and willingness to learn.
* Must be a good listener and have a strong work ethic.
* Must be confident and have high energy to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must demonstrate the ability to take on and surpass any challenge.
* Strong PC skills, including expertise in Microsoft Office programs and Salesforce.com.
* Valid driver s license and must maintain an acceptable MVR that meets the company insurance provider s standards
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree