Director - Casualty Broker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR CASUALTY BROKER
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Casualty business group within Aon Risk Solutions, in Atlanta, GA. As a Director Casualty Broker, you will report directly to the Regional Managing Director.
Serves as Director - Broker within Aon s National Casualty team; Provides all casualty specific technical knowledge expertise to clients, engaged in servicing and advice associated with placements made or delivered to the clients. Focus on predominantly complex casualty client needs.
Your Impact As A Director Casualty Broker
* Utilizing risk expertise and knowledge of industry and insurance marketplace, reviews clients exposures and loss experience and develops solutions for clients needs
* Understands distinctions of clients industry and the related risks associated with industry and provides advice accordingly.
* Analyzes quotes from carriers and provides analysis to clients and client team members including analysis of: pricing, coverage, services, quote comparisons, commentary and recommendation, identify differences against expiring, claims made, surplus lines, and subjectivities, loss projections, and cash flows where applicable
* The Director Broker is responsible for the order to bind & the accuracy of programs based on Client direction
* Maintains contact and relationships with day-to-day client team to effectively service client needs.
* Builds and maintains relationships within National Casualty Practice, insurance markets, and clients. Develops and maintain strong working relationships with carriers and/or underwriters.
* Acts as the primary source of information concerning market conditions, including pricing trends, coverage grants, and other underwriting parameters.
* Engage with National Casualty Practice leadership in product innovation and creative solutions for clients
* The Director Broker participates in pre-strategy meeting to create renewal strategy.
* Responsible for creating the renewal strategy and submission documents.
* Review policies for accuracy and requests changes from underwriters.
* Responsible for following up for any open items or subjectivities.
* Works closely with account executives, producers and client teams to support client retention and new business production.
* Articulates the value of the broking function and participates in fee discussions as applicable.
* Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to brokers, associate brokers and other colleagues in the development of their broking knowledge and transaction expertise.
* Utilizes the network of Aon resources to develop and implement effective risk solutions.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Ten plus years of casualty experience preferred.
* Active Property and Casualty license.
* Strong basic knowledge of the brokerage business.
* Effective working knowledge of carrier underwriting practices & processes.
* Insurance licensing must be obtained
Bachelor s degree
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421470
CATEGORY: Broker Group
LOCATION: United States, GA, Atlanta