Director Category Management, Central - Dannon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
The Dannon Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Director Category Management, Central - Dannon in the United States (US) for Cincinnati, OH
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
In this role you will be accountable for:
* Leading Central Division CSI team in obtaining category captaincies, driving customer category development and be accountable for achievement of Dannon's retail standards (assortment/merchandising/pricing/shelving or "AMPS").
* Ensure that the Division/Corporate category strategies, Dannon's standardized category management processes, and enabling tools are being incorporated within field category management teams and are being consistently applied with customers.
* Work directly with Division VP & Sales Directors to identify category building initiatives and provide direction and thought leadership in development of appropriate customer-specific solutions.
* Lead process with the Category team to develop customer category growth strategies within the JBP process through partnership with the Sales Directors and Division VP. Participate in the customer strategy meetings.
* Partner with customer-facing teams to generate shopper and customer research initiatives that will bring "Insights to Action" and lead to business building opportunities for Dannon and customers.
* Responsible for working with the Division VP & Sales Training and Development team in order identify and address the individual development needs of the field Category Management teams across functional (technical and analytical) skills.
* Develop and leverage relationships with customer Category Managers/Buyers and at least one level of management higher in order to drive Dannon's category strategy and secure captaincy status.
* Play a key role in the development of Dannon's category vision via alignment with Division VP
* This role reports to the Division VP
* Responsible for developing customer-specific category insights research budgets and for managing the successful execution of associated projects.
* This role is an integral element of the achievement of Dannon's Category Vision and Operating Plans
* Highly visible with direct linkages to the Sales and Marketing Leadership Teams
* This is a Leadership role that can provide a platform to many other sales or marketing functional opportunities
* Minimum 8-10 year s experience, ideally with a combination of HQ and field roles
* 5+ years Category Management experience in CPG industry
* 3 years minimum in a team leadership role
* Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
* Advanced PC skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
* Ability to travel approximately 40-50% of time
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
65162.Experience: Experienced professionals
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Manager, Marketing Manager, MBA, Management, Marketing