Director, Clinical Nurse Educator Programs (Nationwide) - ReqCode POX-DIR-01
The Medical Affairs Company - Atlanta, GA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Director of Clinical Nurse Educator programs coordinates all training, activities, communications and job functions of the Clinical Educators or Nurse Educators (NE) with the respective client. Within each client's management structure, the director is a member of the Clinical Nurse Educator Steering Committee. This committee manages all aspects of the Educator program. As a member of the committee, the director provides input regarding direction of activities, responsibilities, communication, and reporting mechanisms of the Educators. The director assists in the professional development of the Educators by being a source of information and guidance. The director ensures the success of the Educator program by clearly identifying the goals and objectives of the program to the Educators, and providing the tools necessary for the Educators to achieve their goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and implement an Educator training program designed to match the needs of the client with the skills of the Educators to be hired. This requires the director to interact with several client members, including, but not limited to sales, marketing, National/Regional Accounts and medical or clinical management.
* Work with senior management to ensure that client expectations are being met and to promote all functions TMAC provides to client.
* Coordinate communication between the Educators and their respective management at the client level. This may involve weekly reports, monthly executive summaries, periodic conference calls or in person meetings. The clients' needs define the methods.
* Act as a liaison between the Educators and the client regarding productivity, expectations and performance evaluation.
* Coordinate communication between Educators and the client.
* Ensure that weekly reports, monthly executive summaries, periodic conference calls or in person meetings occur with the Educators.
* Conduct performance evaluations of the Educators on an annual basis
* Develop performance improvement plans and/or implement progressive discipline when necessary.
* Meet periodically with each Field-based Educator to evaluate progress and encourage professional development and a regular basis (agreed upon with client).
* BSN, MSN, NP or PhD in Nursing required
* RN with a four year degree (BSN)
* Valid RN license required
* Prior field based medical management experience required
* Previous pharmaceutical industry Nurse Educator experience required
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent communication (written and oral) skills