Director Clinical Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00372-5672
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL MCALLEN, TX
Director Clinical Operations
Founded in 1982, RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
* 24-hour emergency room
* Level III Trauma Center
* Comprehensive cardiovascular care
* 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL is currently looking for a Director Clinical Operations
1. The Director will provide assistance, expertise and direction to promote the effective operation of the clinics including:
* Participate in policy making and administrative problem solving through active representation in hospital administrative meetings, departmental meetings and physician meetings.
* Provides direction to committees and teams within the department and shall participate in hospital committee functions.
* Provides and serves as a resource to the Chief of Staff, Department Chairs, and functional team chairs.
* Attends department/section meetings, as possible, to facilitate communication and encourage consensus on goals of the clinics.
* Shall serve as a liaison between the hospital and the physician s medical practices.
* Monitors, evaluates and attends to all physician and patient complaints.
* Provides direction in order to assist staff in maintaining all equipment.
* Promotes positive physician, patient, and staff interactions.
* Provides statistical data and other reports as necessary.
* Participates in business development activities with community agencies, organizations, or groups to promote the services offered through the clinics.
2. The Director will assist management in all matters related to the clinics:
* Participate in policy formulation, strategic planning, communications, and risk management.
* Assist with professional staff credentialing and formulate site builds for new location of services.
* Participate in financial planning budgeting, and long-term strategy.
* Serves as the liaison between medical staff, management and works closely with other administrative colleagues.
* Initiates, coordinates or assists in joint hospital-medical staff projects and activities.
* Promotes the mission, values and policies and procedures of the hospital.
3. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies governing the clinics.
4. Assists in physician recruitment and new service development.
5. Other duties as assigned.
* The Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer of the hospital.
* The CNO has direct and indirect responsibility & authority for establishing nursing standards of practice and nursing standards of care in all areas in which nursing care is provided.
* The Director supervises all clinic employees.
* The Director shall facilitate positive effective working relationships with the Governing Body, Medical Director and Medical Staff.
* Graduate of an accredited school with a Bachelor s degree; advanced degree preferred.
* 3-year management experience in clinical hospital setting.
* Experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, physician relations and management of supervisory positions.
* Must have ability to interpret clinical data.
* Current Texas state license, registration or certification if required by discipline.
Last Edited: 08/31/2016