Director, Commercial Business Partners
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Cox Automotive is hiring a Director of Commercial Business Partners. The Director of Commercial Business Partners, reporting to the Vice-President of Operations for Client Success, will manage a team of Commercial Business Partners supporting the leaders of Client success. Specifically, this team is tasked with proactively providing decision support via ad hoc analytics and ongoing performance monitoring. In addition, this role will serve as the primary liaison to the Finance function, responsible for coordinating all relevant finance activities including budgeting, forecasting and actuals reporting. Success in the role is defined by the degree to which the leaders of Client Success consider their commercial business partners to be an integral part of their team, and the frequency and impact of proactive analysis.
Create a high impact decision support and proactive analysis engine:
* Help lead the evolution to a fact based decision making culture via timely information delivery and relevant proactive analysis
* Engage in strategy discussions, ensure mapping of investments to strategic direction, relate investments to financial benefits
* Oversee development of robust business cases that link incremental investments to measurable benefits
* Serve as a key participant/principal thinker in charting and implementing each division s strategic and financial plans
* In concert with leadership, act as a catalyst for the initiatives, programs and activities necessary to achieve financial targets
* Driving long term profitable growth by providing insightful analysis of market trends and competitor performance
* Drive resource allocation and prudent expense management, heads and sales incentives in particular, across client success
Own and evolve monthly Client Success Operations review:
* Own the monthly client success operations review to include inputs, outputs and continuous evolution of the session
* Coordinate with the Client Success Business Intelligence team to define requirements and improve efficiency of session inputs
* Help lead the evolution of the inputs to align with the revenue management continuum that is being built out
* Proactively recommend the agenda for the session by highlighting areas worthy of discussion based on facts and results
* Ensure inputs into the session the underlying drivers and business issues underpinning performance and future opportunities
* Leverage session materials to effectively bridge into other parts of Cox Auto to ensure client success performance is understood
Develop a world class team:
* Lead an organization of four direct reports
* Provide oversight, direction, coaching, management, and leadership for the team
* Drive the adoption of Cox Automotive tools, processes and ways of working
* Mentors, motivates, and develops staff and serves as a resource to them in order to facilitate their professional development
* Maintains peer relationships across the business to facilitate effective knowledge sharing and avoid duplication of effort
* Experience leading a team, as this role will take leadership of the commercial business partner team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Business-minded executive who has ability to go beyond the numbers in analyzing business matters
* Outstanding analytical skills and a high degree of intellectual curiosity who can help connect dots
* Ability to provide thought leadership and engage with other senior leaders in addressing complex business issues
* Experience in an environment highly recognized for driving continuous improvement and operational excellence
* Demonstrated track record of building world-class teams
* Ability to operate and work across functional groups in a matrixed organization
* Experience influencing change, developing strategies with impact and delivering results
* Ability to assess capability gaps, and build plans for addressing organizational needs across Client Success
* Good listener with outstanding interpersonal qualities and a natural, effective consultative style
* Thought leader that is sought out for their opinions and who can build close relationships in a matrix environment
* Energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual with a strong bias for action
* Strong communication skills and can present their views in a clear and compelling manner
* Must be willing and able to roll up the sleeves
* 10+ years of FP&A Leadership at a global company
* Technology or professional services sector experience (preferred).
* Bachelor s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (MBA preferred).
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time