Director, Communications & Member Relations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
World Trade Centers Association, Inc
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY: This position is a member of the WTCA senior management team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and is responsible for supervising the Communications and Member Relations team. The Director of Communications and Member Relations will be a steward of the WTCA brand and will focus heavily on building member engagement and retention, positioning our brand internationally and supporting regional development initiatives to help grow and strengthen the WTCA network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan and lead marketing, communications and public relations initiatives to increase the awareness of the WTCA's brand and global network.
* Act to advance our retention of and relations with members:
o Develop an internal communications strategy to maximize member engagement.
o Work closely with our internal IT team to develop and leverage member research and analytics and implement appropriate member communications programs to ensure member alignment and satisfaction.
o Develop and activate a new member on-boarding program to ensure new member success and Association growth.
o Plan and coordinate member training, including seminars, regional meetings, and general assemblies.
* Lead and manage all areas of communications and marketing efforts, including the development and execution of plans and strategies to build the WTCA profile internationally:
o Develop and implement external marketing and branding programs to create awareness of the WTCA network, and support existing members.
o Build and implement an events strategy to expand the reach and build awareness of the WTCA network.
o Develop strategic partnerships with likeminded organizations to achieve broader communication goals and shared branding opportunities.
o Lead market research activity where required to better understand market potential and support member and association growth.
* Assume such other related-duties as may be required by the CEO.
This position requires a strong communicator with clear attention to detail, creativity, confidence, organizational skills, the ability to work with and motivate and engage, colleagues and members. The individual must have a solid understanding of stakeholder relations strategies and be comfortable in a collaborative role with a variety of audiences. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
* Planning/Organizational skills - individual must exhibit excellent strategic planning skills with clear activation plans necessary to achieve business goals and operational efficiency.
* Communication - individual must have strong interpersonal/presentation skills as well as the ability to clearly and concisely communicate in writing.
* Flexibility - individual should be available to provide support for all events, which requires a flexible schedule and occasional domestic and international travel.
* General Business Acumen - individual should demonstrate a broad knowledge of business and the various challenges and opportunities of operating in a global environment.
* Proficient in all social media and traditional communications tools along with Microsoft Office applications and general knowledge of CRM database software.
* Understanding of the business culture and business environment and ability to interact with C-Suite and other senior executives.
* Solutions oriented, focus on results and action.
* Experience leveraging core competencies and developing policies and procedures that cross organizational functions.
* Accomplished track record of delivering superior customer service and driving increased customer satisfaction.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 10+ years professional experience required in membership/client relations, business development, marketing and/or logistical, professional, customer facing role.
* Undergraduatedegree with an advanced degree a plus.
* Fluent in English with other foreign language a plus.
Please forward your resume and salary requirement range to NCOTERON@WTCA.ORG, AND REFERENCE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
To learn more about the World Trade Centers Association, please visit https://www.wtca.org/
_This job description is intended to indicate the kind __of __tasks and levels __of __difficulty that __will __be required __of __positions that are __given __this title and __shall __not __be construed as __declaring __what __the __specific __duties __and __responsibilities of __any particular __position __shall b__e. It is not intended to limit __or __in __any __way modify the right __of any supervisor __to __a__s__sign, __direct and __control the __work __of __e__mployees under their __supervision. __The use of a __parti__c__ular __expression or __illustration __describing __those __duties __shall not he held to __exclude other essential __functions__, __responsibilities, __or duties __not mentioned in this job description that are of __similar __kind or level. The policy __of __the World Trade Centers Association Inc. is to recruit, hire, promote and transfer __employees __for all job __classifications without __regard to race__, __religion, __color, __national __origin, __gender, __age, __marital __status, __sexual orientation__, veteran status or disability, except where __the __disability cannot __reasonably be accommodated._