Director, Construction 9/12/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:The Director, Construction is responsible for managing an assigned team of construction project managers for the North America Retail construction process. The position is responsible for the entire design, budgeting and construction process in assigned region as well as staff, vendor and cost management. The incumbent will support special corporate initiatives related to construction. Responsibilities include strategy, brand consistency/alignment, construction activities, process improvements and cost reductions/ROI improvements. This position requires creating a clear vision, strong team leadership and having the ability to influence key stakeholders to deliver consistent best-in-class branded outlets. Qualifications:Bachelor's degree preferred
Other Information:- A minimum of eight years of national program multi-unit construction experience required, with at least ten years preferred. Five years of experience directing a team of real estate professionals preferred. Retail or Big Box construction experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills, including the ability to motivate, develop, delegate, and make effective business decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid understanding of retail real estate practices and principles
- Working knowledge of the various disciplines involved in the store development process, from market analysis to store opening
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .