Director, Corporate Audit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 16001
Areas of Interest: Accounting; Auditing
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .The Director, Corporate Audit is responsible for developing and implementing Corporate audit procedures and assessing the design adequacy and effectiveness of controls and procedures to ensure assets are safeguarded, financial statements are properly stated and regulatory requirements are met. Oversees financial and operational audits. Responsibilities include informing the Chief Auditor of audit findings and emerging issues, providing leadership and oversight to the audit team, monitoring developments in financial reporting, laws and regulations and evaluating and advising management as to the impact to the company. Serves as a contact person external auditors and regulatory bodies.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and performs special projects or audits not covered by the Audit Plan including due diligence reviews, fraud research, new product development, system conversions, various complex research and analysis projects, and other senior management advisory roles as necessary.
- Develops the Audit Plan. Performs the independent risk assessments of BOKF s business lines and processes which is the foundation of the Audit Plan. Reallocates resources and priorities as organizational risks and corporate activities shift.
- Oversees the coordination of the external audit of BOKF s financial statements, ensuring the Audit Plan enhances the reliance on Internal Audit work and reduce external audit fees; coordinates and works closely with regulators from various agencies during their examinations.
- Analyzes and interprets complex audit findings. Identifies and communicates the root cause of exceptions and deficiencies and recommends revisions of internal standards, policies, operating procedures, and new programs to improve controls and efficiency. Meets with appropriate levels of management regularly on significant, controversial and sensitive issues to ensure timely resolution. Manages conflict and negotiations on issue resolutions and recommendations.
- Directs Audit management and determines work priorities and schedules work assignments; interviews and recommends candidates; evaluates, orients, counsels, and trains subordinate personnel and recommends associated personnel actions. Actively participates in the development of the Audit personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board Standards, and Securities and Exchange Commission rules
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of banking and financial rules, regulations, and operations
- Professional certification (CPA or CIA required)
- Excellent strategic and analytical ability and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent coordination and negotiation skills
- Advanced PC and software skills (Adobe, Excel, Word, various technology solutions used by the LOBs of the Corporation)
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to achieve goals
- Ability to identify relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlinesThis level of knowledge is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting and 12+ years related experience with a financial institution and a minimum of 6 years in a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm specializing in financial institutions or the audit department of a mid-size to large financial institution. Possesses a minimum of 8+ years of supervisory experience. CPA or CIA required.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.