Director Corporate Development, Financial Services Advisory
$170-200K + BONUS
($250-300k Total Comp)
Leading Financial Services advisory and management consulting firm seeks entrepreneurial Business DevelopmentDirector to lead sales and new business generation of Financial Services advisory in the risk, regulatory and change management vertical, along with expansion of existing relationships within New York Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management and Financial Services sector. Must have previous experience specifically breaking into large Investment Banks and/or Corporate Banks in New York, with the ability to leverage existing relationships with banking clients for the purpose of selling financial advisory services in the risk, regulatory, audit and project / change management business.
The successful candidate will have the ability to identify, generate and close new project consulting opportunities by taking advantage of existing relationships, networking and identifying target clients, meeting with clients, and working with our client's delivery teams to sell project delivery and advisory services to New York Banking and Financial Services firms.
* Lead new business development efforts for the New York practice by setting strategy and crafting tactical go to market plan, develop leads, nurture opportunities, and close deals.
* Lead the sale of projects with Financial Institutions currently not served. Expand active relationships to increase opportunities with current clients, and looks for ways to build new client relationships.
* Collaborate with delivery teams and internal leadership to develop proposal details and approach.
* Bachelors (or higher) in business, finance, HR or related
* Extensive professional network in the New York Financial Services market, focused on the Finance and Accounting functions at large Financial Institutions
* 5+ years of demonstrated success in selling professional services, networking, and generating new business
* 10+ years Financial Services experience - either in an external consulting or business development capacity, or internally at a large Financial Institution
* Demonstrated ability to expand client accounts and identify and penetrate new accounts
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills