Director, Credit & Collections & Payment Processing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
DIRECTOR, CREDIT & COLLECTIONS & PAYMENT PROCESSING
JOB ID 20161810 DATE POSTED 10/07/2016 Description
About the Position:
Lead the Credit and Collections and the Payments Processing function in order to ensure high levels of financial and operational performance.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Leads the management of collection teams, activities and processes to significantly reduce outstanding arrears and uncollectible accounts to targeted levels.
* Plans and oversees collection activities (delinquent accounts, debt collection, bankruptcies, collection agency management, social programs and legal support) across residential, non-residential (commercial and industrial) and protected customers in order to improve the productivity and value of the function.
* Directs the financial analysis, management information, monthly reporting and presentations to Senior Management in order to agree and meet annual budgets, performance goals and forecasts.
* Meet the expectations of regulatory updates, negotiations and initiatives for the development of public policy, regulations, and services regarding the customer, as well as low income and special needs consumers.
* Recruit, motivate and develop an operational team in order to maximize flexibility and effectiveness and promote positive team working and cultural change.
* Establish and agree key performance targets and financial budgets in the short and long term in order to optimize business performance and reduce debt in line with set objectives.
* Develop processes and review collections policies in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives and integrated with Customer, Information Systems (IS) and finance functions.
* Determine, agree and improve contractual requirements/Service Level Agreements with agencies and suppliers in order to meet service specifications and deliver against business objectives.
* Review and challenge existing policies and processes to ensure they are compliant and fit for purpose in predicting and mitigating arrears and bad debt.
* Lead the management of the payment processing department in order to ensure high levels of quality, performance and customer satisfaction across processing and recording, policy setting, exceptions/special case processing, coordination internally and externally to ensure management and control processes.
* Translates and communicates business results and activities to a broad audience internally and externally.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience required with 6-10 years of customer service or operations (ideally within credit and collections environment). MBA preferred.
* Is recognized as a credible and knowledgeable expert on credit and collections and builds collaborative networks internally and externally to improve understanding and knowledge of best practice. CCE or credit designation preferred.
* Drives results through effective internal relationships across other functions to address problems and/or opportunities and ensure appropriate solutions.
* Demonstrates the ability to translate National Grid policies into processes and procedures and address multiple layers of a problem and balance the value of alternative solutions.
* Demonstrates how best to utilize teams, processes and contracts in order to drive greater performance and reduce costs to the business, taking into account the wider business context.
* Experience managing teams in a high volume / target driven operational function.
* Proven influencing skills, able to influence at senior levels, internally and externally.
* Familiarity with SAP.
* Familiarity with financial regulatory environment such as NACHA, FDCPA, TCPA, etc.
* Experience of managing and integrating the work of a large operational function and demonstrates the ability to provide direction, the appropriate structure and effective resourcing to ensure high levels of performance.
* Understands the impact of financial processes and policies and how best to utilize them in order to drive greater performance.
* Drives innovation and challenges existing ways of working and processes in a results oriented and highly accountable setting.
* Experience managing customer/vendor relationships.
* Demonstrates strong negotiating and leadership skills with the ability to lead from the front in meeting levels of performance. Is visionary in understanding the issues which National Grid is facing today with the ability to make complex ideas or situations clear, simple and easy to understand.
* Strong communication skills.
* Customer (internal and external) driven focus rooted in service excellence.
* Reports: approximately 5 Directs; 150 Indirect reports.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Credit & Collections
:Credit & Collections
:Oct 7, 2016, 7:30:21 AM