Director Customer Support Manager 8/30/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OVERVIEW
The Americas Customer Service and Support Director (CSS Director) leads and directs support services, financial and operational activities within the region. Responsible for the regional CS&S P&L, service delivery, maintenance renewal execution, and overall customer satisfaction.
This leadership role is responsible for delivering support on ~ $150M of revenue and managing 10 Managers and 100 direct employees and partners across the respected geography. In addition this role will be responsible to meet annual organizational revenue and margin objectives for customer service and support. This includes managing a budget of $XM. Responsible for driving the design and management of the ecosystem of Authorized Service Partners to ensure consistency with HDS guidelines globally. Accountable for developing a high performance organization and continually growing leaders and personnel to ensure the effective execution of the function. This role will have continuous interaction with all levels of executive management at HDS.
* Manages to the regional AOP CSS P/L
* Develops and implements hardware, software, solution support strategies, policies, and programs.
* Oversees the CSS region managers to drive continuous improvements for our customers.
* Gathers necessary information to facilitate a positive experience for the customer. Determines with the CSS the resources needed for each install/upgrade of product and/or implementation services.
* Assigns staff to ensure the appropriate skills/knowledge are leveraged to support the customer.
* Develops and maintains relationships with customers.
* Serves as an escalation point for a variety of customer service/support issues. Identifies and leads product/process issues and/or trends that need improvement.
* Oversees business strategy for the region.
* Reviews quotes/contracts as needed per AOP guidelines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
* College degree or equivalent work and educational experience.
* 10 years in related management field.
* Background in customer service, experience managing remote teams and wide geographies.
* Experience hiring field customer service engineers, reviewing and directing as well as coordinating education for the teams.
* ITIL certification
* International service management experience is a plus