Director, Demand Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
division of NYSE company
Port Washington, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION OBJECTIVE - Drive the strategic direction of our planning systems and processes, with a focus on outstanding customer service and supply chain visibility while minimizing supply chain risk
* Responsible for forecasting and inventory levels which will be directly related to customer fulfillment levels.
* Assure customer demand signals from the Marketing, Product, Sales and Purchasing teams as well as external market factors are properly reflected in the demand planning system.
* Establish, measure and publish forecast error performance...including, but not limited to forecast error, WMAPE and bias performance.
* Work closely with the Marketing, Product, Sales, Operations and Purchasing teams to improve overall supply chain.
* Communicate with operations to ensure visibility is given for potential future needs (i.e. staff or space).
* Assure the demand planning system is driven from the customer demand and align with the company's strategy and tactics.
* Drive excellence in new product and existing product fulfillment.
* Help set the service targets for the company and exceed those targets annually.
* Assure best-practice in Purchasing and Inventory Management.
* Coach the career growth of Purchasing/Supply Chain professionals with a focus on providing excellent service to our internal and external customers.
* Work with customer facing cross-functional departments to ensure all necessary and relevant data is captured and utilized.
* Capture and share findings of potential risks and opportunities to forecasts with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and proper corrective actions.
* Monitor mid-cycle demand variances and trends at Product Group, Customer and SKU levels and provide recommendations
* Support strategic growth initiatives.
* Continually drive improvements to demand planning process, tools and meetings.
* Develop working knowledge of forecasting system and train back-up/new users.
* Maintain forecasting related master data.
* Recalibrate forecast models periodically by analyzing predictions vs. actual sales patterns and making appropriate model revisions.
* Bachelor's degree, Master's degreepreferred.
* Minimum of 10years' experience in Forecasting/Supply Chain/Analytics in industry preferred.
* Minimum of 5years' experience developing and leading employees within a department.
* Minimum of 3years' experience with forecasting software. I.e. Oracle Demantra.
* Knowledge of sales, products, finance, and supply chain functions.
* Knowledge of forecasting tools and market data.
* Proven ability to set clear objectives, identify priorities, collaborate with business partners to streamline business and drive results.