Director, Development & Alumni Affairs
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Director, Development & Alumni Affairs
The School of Science has over 2800 undergraduate and graduate (MS, Ph.D.) student majors in STEM disciplines and delivers the most credit hours of any unit at IUPUI. With a significant research and outreach enterprise, the School serves the University and the State both as a critical source of needed STEM talent and knowledge and as an engine for economic growth in Indiana.
The Director of Development will work in close collaboration with the Dean of the School of Science at IUPUI to build a strategic development program capable of generating and maintaining significant philanthropic support for the School.
The position s primary emphasis will be on the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual major and principal gifts and working with the Indiana University Foundation (IUF) in securing significant contributions from Foundations and Corporations. It will provide leadership for all development activities at the School of Science at IUPUI and assist in the management and engagement of the School s Dean s Advisory Council.
The Director for Development is responsible for the strategy and success of the School s component of capital campaigns for the IUPUI campus. The position reports to the Dean of the School of Science at IUPUI with a close advisory relationship with the IU Foundation VP for Development for the IUPUI Campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Implement a strategic and comprehensive development program including prospect identification, major and principal gifts, stewardship and campaign management, etc. to support the School of Science at IUPUI.
* Collaborate closely with faculty, staff, Dean s Advisory Council members, IUF, the Alumni Associations and other stakeholders to foster a common philanthropic mission and message.
* Manage a substantial personal portfolio of major and principal gift prospects and develop significant contacts with Corporations and Foundations.
* Work closely with the School s Dean s Advisory Council and other volunteers to strategize and implement development goals and increase engagement.
* Manage the Assistant Director of Development whose responsibilities include annual and special giving, stewardship, events and alumni relations.
* Partner with the School s marketing staff to create strong branding, messaging and mission as the platform for philanthropic success.
* Work in concert with and function as a liaison between the School and the Indiana University Foundation.
* Actively participate in the School s activities and events to foster support and engagement in development efforts.
* Ensure that all activities including contact reports are entered into the central development database in a consistent and timely way.
Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution, plus a minimum of 5 years experience in development (preferably in higher education).
To be successful candidates should have a demonstrated ability to raise significant philanthropic support; proven leadership skills both programs and people; demonstrated oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills. Should have the ability to create an environment of collegiality with all constituencies.
Interpersonal skills and judgment suitable for exercising appropriate discretion and demeanor when dealing with colleagues, Advisory Council members, donors, etc.
An understanding of, and commitment to, Indiana University and its alumni and donors, and a willingness through all endeavors to serve the University
Master s degree with Campaign experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
POSTING DETAIL INFORMATION
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS SUMMARY
Indiana University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.
#IUPUI - Indianapolis