Sr Director/Director, Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Washington Real Estate Investment Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Job Duties:
* Coordinate and manage pre-development feasibility studies, prepare financial analysis and development plan recommendations for senior management.
* Analyze zoning, physical, market and legal constraints and opportunities relating to prospective development opportunities
* Oversee the preparation of feasibility studies and site analysis, project scope, budget estimates and schedules.
* Identify architects and consultant services as may be required to complete feasibility studies and conceptual designs, and to produce final project plan
* Assist in due diligence efforts.
* Maintain civic and governmental relations, act as liaison with state, federal and local government representatives and agencies regarding the development activities of the company. Coordinate all required federal, state, and local approvals including grading and building permits.
* Represent firm and communicate with all necessary parties related to new and current company projects, including jurisdiction staff, neighboring groups, adjacent property owners, and existing building tenants, as well as ownership entities and other institution representation.
Development of current projects
* Supervise development and construction team members, including giving work direction, mentoring, reviewing work, training, development, and the annual performance review process.
* Negotiate and monitor all AIA based contract documents and service fee proposals with all required design consultants, engineers, testing agencies and contractors necessary to complete a project.
* Oversee the preparation of all bid documents, bid evaluations and selection of contractors by assigned team members.
* Oversee value engineering exercises and provide project cost control for new construction in accordance with approved budgets.
* Monitor project cost projections, budget variances, schedule progress, and highlight potential problem areas during construction process. Monitor construction for compliance with development strategy and critical path maintenance.
* Oversee and regularly update project cash flows, forecasts and pro-forma lease-up projections
* Prepare monthly report(s) and manage all phases of the monthly development draw process for all vendors and lenders, if applicable
* Serve as company expert on development matters
* Assist in representation with Joint Venture partners
* Represent firm at industry events such as NAIOP, DCBIA and the ULI.
* MBA or Masters in Real Estate Finance preferred.
* 7-10 years of experience in commercial real estate development project management or related fields.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* General understanding of certain aspects of commercial real estate development including architecture, engineering, construction, contracts, zoning, legal issues, and property management.
* Strong working knowledge of the following aspects of commercial real estate development: finance, leasing and marketing.
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
* Solid problem-solving and analytical skills required to conduct financial analysis, scenario analysis and profitability models.
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively and foster good working relationships with all parties related to the project, including tenants, brokers, architects and other members of the project team.
* Ability to prioritize, delegate and coordinate tasks to accomplish large amounts of work in a timely fashion.
* Ability to shift from one project to another very quickly without loss of work quality.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities