Director Diagnostic Imaging
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Fort Pierce, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00102-6519
DIRECTOR DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING
LAWNWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER FORT PIERCE, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure Coast s only Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, an Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center as well as the only major Robotics Program that provides highly-accurate, minimally-invasive surgery for complex spinal cases.
In 2014, Children s Services expanded, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new Pediatric ER opened. These dedicated services for the smallest and the sickest children provide quality, child-friendly care, close to home.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as a Top Performer and a Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood is the only hospital on the Treasure Cost with a Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital designation and CARF Accreditation. At Lawnwood patients come first no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Director of Diagnostic Imaging directs, manages and coordinates the technical, physical, and administrative activities of the Imaging Department covering Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultra Sound and Special Procedures in accordance with hospital policy, ACR, HRS, FDA, and JCAHO. He or she establishes policies and procedures to meet these standards and those of the hospital. Additionally this individual is responsible for assuring that all individuals in the department who are responsible for the assessment, treatment or care of patients are competent to deliver care appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
* Manage the daily activities of the Radiology/Imaging Department and Transportation
* Maintains technical proficiency and expertise in areas of responsibility
* Provide testing for patients with many different clinical conditions and all age ranges
* Interact positively and effectively with volunteers, employees, physicians and the public
* Ensure facility technical and documentation expectations are consistent with and meet regulatory requirements in accordance with JCAHO, Federal & State rules and regulations
* Maintain current procedural protocols, computer files, equipment maintenance program and quality control data
* Supervise FTE s
For more information contact Elizabeth.Flader@HCAHealthcare.com.
* Florida Radiologic Technologist license and ARRT certification required
* BCLS required
* Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* Minimum of 5 years experience in Radiology
* Minimum 3 years experience in management
* Ability to interact positively and effectively with volunteers, employees, physicians and the public
* Ability to problem solve and diplomatically handle complaints
Last Edited: 08/27/2016