Director, Executive & Leadership Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Director of executive and leadership development directs the development and implementation of corporate programs and client-focused interventions to better utilize human capital, and deliver improved business results. This role requires acting as an internal adviser on employee, leadership and executive development, succession planning, and long-term talent planning that has organization-wide impact. This role requires developing organization-wide strategies and overseeing execution for leadership and talent development at all levels, as well as individualized strategies for senior executives and critical talent as appropriate. This role requires working closely with senior business and HR leaders to identify and assess systematic development gaps as well as future needs and establish and prioritize strategy and programs in alignment with succession and workforce plans. This role requires the ability to set department direction and develop appropriate business plans and metrics to drive business results in alignment with company strategy. The director will need to build and maintain relationships with external development partners or other educational institutions, as well as oversee assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation of corporate-wide learning/development initiatives.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g., Leadership, Org behavior, I/O Psychology)
* Master's degree strongly preferred
* 10-14years experience or Masters degree with 8-12years experience or PhD with 5years experience
* Leadership development experience
* Executive education/development experience strongly preferred
* Ability to design, gain alignment and successfully execute significant LD initiatives from start to finish.
* Ability to work through the change management process, preferably on a corporate-wide basis.
* Leadership, client engagement skills and relationship building.
* Experience and comfort working at senior levels of the organization.
* Excellent communication skills including ability to negotiate solutions, influence decisions, and coach to change behavior.
* Expertise in leading a team of professionals. Ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
* Ability to set direction, coach, resolve conflict and develop colleagues, motivate employees and create a culture that supports high employee engagement.
* Proven ability to develop training courses and make presentations to high-level audiences.
* Experience in conducting needs analysis and effectiveness assessments.
* Experience with OD interventions, including teambuilding and conflict resolution, adult learning theory, executive coaching, and succession planning.
* Goal and metrics-driven mindset with accountability for results and a strong customer service orientation.