Director FP&A (Revenue Planning, Sales Expenses)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Description The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis reports to Sr. Director of FP&A and is responsible for providing leadership role in setting and steering group wide sales and financial planning and analysis in support Media OEM. In addition, the role partners with Sr. leadership in supporting sound business decision making by providing insightful and connected financial analysis, meaningful and accurate forecasting, explaining business results, and advising on the financial consequence of contemplated strategic decisions.This role is instrumental in transforming the financial processes and analytics of the Media OEM team.
* Partner with SVP Sales and marketing/product leadership to analyze and evaluate sales and financial results, and advise on sales increase and cost saving improvement opportunities.
* Develop and publish comprehensive weekly and monthly reporting to the Sales team and Executives analyzing forecast to actual; identify trends and variances to forecasts and provide recommendations to drive forecast accuracy.
* Develop and prepare a standard monthly management reporting package for business partners to include dashboards, employee standings and scorecards by partnering with the team of Financial Analysts.
* Leads the development of the annual sales and marketing budget, quarterly forecast, and long term strategy planning cycles, including the aggregation of meaningful data, development of supporting models, advising forecast/budget guidance, and coordination with business unit leaders to decide assumptions, establish benchmark, manage the process, and communicate the plan.
* Research and analyze historical, current, and projected financial data for use in planning, forecasting, and management decision making. Design financial models to standardize key business indicators and streamline expense and FTE reporting and analysis.
* Create and maintain an environment of personal accountability that encourages ownership of issues and excellence in service
* Maintain and utilize industry, competitive and general economic knowledge to make strategic decisions.
* Manages Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to support the Sales & Marketing functions
* Bachelor s degree required, MBA preferred
* 8+ years of experience in a Finance role supporting Sales Forecasting, Sales Planning, and Sales Operations
* Ability to build solid relationships with senior business partners
* Successfully presents ideas and influences stakeholders for positive results
* Strong analytical skills and critical thinking ability
* Flexible, organized, and able to handle multiple and competing priorities
* Able to adapt and contribute to organizational change in a dynamic fast paced environment
* Proficiency with Excel (Advanced formula, pivot table and strong modeling skills),Salesforce and PPT (Presenting information in meaningful and concise manner) and Hyperion
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Primary Location:US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Other Locations:US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time