Director Facilities Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00477-6338
Director Facilities Management
Palms West Hospital
At Palms West Hospital, we have provided healthcare excellence since 1986. Our state-of-the-art, 204-bed facility offers top-quality care in every category from preventive programs to elective, major and emergency surgery. What truly differentiates Palms West from the rest, are our people, a team of dedicated healthcare professionals who understand that a hospital stay can be an especially trying period for a family and who do everything they can to make the experience less stressful. Palms West has established a position of medical leadership by listening to the needs of people in our community and responding with compassionate, quality health care and innovative new services that meet those needs.
Located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, the surrounding areas are Wellington and Royal Palm Beach, which are communities known for their abundant parks, quality schools, attractive neighborhoods and equestrian interests.
Reporting to the COO, the Director Facilities Management plans, coordinates and directs all functions and activities of the Department of Plant Operations, Engineering, Landscaping and Bio-Medical Engineering. This individual is responsible for staff performance and the accomplishment of departmental responsibilities in accordance with corporate, hospital, department and safety policies and procedures to meet both company and regulatory requirements.
* Direct daily department operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity and patient satisfaction goals
* Ensure continuous safety and efficient and economical operation of the hospital's equipment, machines, plant, and building
* Achieve set objectives within budgetary limits and in accordance with all regulatory licensing, codes and standards
* Primary facility representative with vendors and contractors in the development of local construction and renovation proposals and manages the day to day activities of these construction, renovation and utility projects
* Provide oversight of the Safety Officer and serve as the point person on management of the Environment of Care (EOC) with the goal of full compliance with all applicable regulatory agency requirements
* Involved in the hospital s quality improvement program relative to safety and the EOC
* Manage physical space control, safety and EOC of satellite buildings and departments, relocation of equipment and departments, landscaping, property development and the emergency preparedness program
* Serve as the Hospital leader in planning, directing and managing the departments and staff members to assure quality on a 24-hour basis
* Ensure all TJC Standards are met complying with corporate policy and procedures, for managing supplies and equipment in the facility, for promoting teamwork with physicians and all health care providers, for promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and for appropriate resource and utility management
* Manage all capital, in-house, development, construction and turnover acceptance projects
* Provide high-quality service to and act as liaison with patients and their representative, physicians and employees
* Ensure efficient department operations maximizing productivity and minimizing costs
* Supervise 7 FTEs
For more information contact Elizabeth.Flader@HCAHealthcare.com.
* Professional Engineer and/or Certified Hospital Engineer desired
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or related field desired; High School graduate w/experience greater than the minimum would be considered
* Minimum 4-6 years acute care facility experience in general hospital maintenance including management of Plant Operations
* Minimum 3 years previous Directorship experience in a hospital or equivalent plant services operation
* Must have ability to read and interpret floorplans
* Must be familiar w/applicable codes, State requirements and NFPA/The Joint Commission regulations relating to health care facilities
* Must be knowledgeable of equipment specifications, inspection procedures and applicable codes
* Ability to read, write and understand English
Last Edited: 08/31/2016