Director Finance - Global 8/27/2016
World Logistics Council
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY/STRATEGIC ROLE
The Director of Finance manages strategic financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, forecasting and other matters related to finance and accounting for the company. This includes ensuring that company accounting procedures and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Director of Finance ensures consistency of accounting, reporting and internal controls across the organization.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop finance department manual for financial planningreporting and control policies, procedures and tools.
* Key member of management and investment banking team for strategic acquistions including due diligence evaluations, fairness opinions, valuations, and equity structurings
* Establish treasury control mechanism to ensure operational safeguarding of company assets.
* Produce monthly management accounts and support managers on all aspects of financialreporting and budgetary control, including financial training and support.
* Prepare monthly forecasts in conjunction with managers and prepare monthly and quarterly monitoring reports.
* Financially appraise projects and advise the Management on cost/benefit analysis and related financialrisks.
* Manage and monitor the organization's cash flow and prepare regular cash flow forecasts.
* Conduct quarterly audit and review of the networkcash flows and transactions.
* Develop and maintain thorough financial procedures for the organization.
* Ensure all financial records are kept accurately, securely and up to date in line with legislative requirements.
* To assist the Management in all aspects of internal and external audit, including the completion of Year End Accounts.
* Ensure that all financial policies are adhered.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
* Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience.
* Ten (10) years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA (preferred).
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
* Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
* Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions as well as established relationships with Investment Bankers
* Knowledge of financial regulations affecting local as well as international operations.
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financialreports, statements and projections.
* Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability analysis.
* Experience in Government, NGO and private sector contracting.
* Small and large project and program orientation and outcome management..
* Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.