Director - Financial Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
CNAs Financial Control Team within Corporate Financial Services is comprised of financial experts who partner with business areas across the Company to establish and govern internal controls over the companys financial reporting and educate the company on financial risk. Through a comprehensive view of the business and exposure to senior business leaders, this role will provides opportunities to make an impact on CNAs financial control environment and contribute to CNAs Winning Proposition.
This Director level position will lead a team and partner with our information technology, underwriting, and claims departments in governance of their internal controls over financial reporting, maintaining certain entity level controls, and coordinating external audit activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Senior technical analyst and process team lead/manager for projects in functional area.
* Works collaboratively with stakeholders and plans and conducts working sessions to elicit and review business requirements as approved by senior management.
* Develops strategy and implements approach for creation of deliverables and all supporting documentation for the concept and definition phases of the project.
* Performs necessary research to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative, cost effective solutions, and recommends most viable business/technology solutions to management for approval.
* Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to project teams, manages resources and teams, and reviews and provides input on performance of team members as appropriate.
* As appropriate, oversees design reviews to ensure project/system designs meet business needs.
* Acts as technical resource on best practices, which may include technology or other business/functional areas.
* Continuously learning new trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
* May participate in or lead the evaluation of software packages as they relate to the project/functional area.
AVP or VP
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Highest level knowledge of accounting/finance principles, practices and procedures and industry issues as they relate to the organization, and senior-level knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting procedures.
2. Ability to effectively lead, coach and develop the accounting group while encouraging creativity and innovation.
3. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interface with departmental staff, internal and external management, customers and other business units.
7. Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people and quality of service.
8. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems.
9. As appropriate, oversees design reviews to ensure project/system designs meet business needs.
10. Acts as technical resource on best practices, which may include technology or other business/functional areas.
1. Continuously learning new trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Accounting or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically a minimum of nine to twelve years related work experience and three years minimum management experience.
3. IT Audit background desirable.
4. CPA, CISA, or other applicable certifications preferred.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: FIN CFS SOX (SOX Compliance)
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.