Director, Financial Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Entrepreneurial and growing
West Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONExperienced Financial Reporting Manager/Director needed to prepare and manage SEC filings (10K, 10Q's, 8K's etc.), assist in the earnings press release and conference call script preparation, and related documentation, assist in the development of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting to achieve a combined audit opinion and other projects as requested by executive management and Board.
* Work closely with CEO, CFO, Controller, bankers, legal counsel, auditors and others within the organization to prepare and file Form 10 registration with the SEC and up listing with the NASDAQ.
* Responsible for the accurate and timely management of the Company's external financial reporting process and regulatory filings, OTCQX and future SEC filings, including Annual Report, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc. working with internal management and external advisors of the Company.
* Prepare all financial statements, footnote disclosures, and management's discussion and analysis (MD update SOX processes and documentation as appropriate.
* Review and sign-off financial disclosures in Company external presentations and press releases.
* Jointly coordinate, with the controller, all activities with the external auditors.
* Work with accounting and IT teams to build tools and reports to improve financial reporting.
* Ad hoc research and special projects, as needed.
ABILITY IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
* Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP.
* Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting matters.
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
* SOX and internal controls experience.
* Leadership experience in prioritizing, organizing, planning and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
* Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within timeframes and manage conflicting priorities.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Bachelors in Accounting
* Combination of public accounting and private industry experience ideal
* 10+ years of progressive financial reporting experience including a minimum of 5 years of hands-on SEC reporting (Form 10-K and 10-Q)
* Open to Senior Manager candidates out directly out of public accounting
* XBRL and Document Management knowledge (Merrill 3rd party processer)
* Ability to handle and meet multiple priorities and deadlines
* Ability to work independently, creatively and be curious about understanding the business
* Willingness to take independent initiative and communicate the results.