Director, Financial Reporting and Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Cox Automotive is hiring a Director of Financial Reporting and Systems. The Director of Financial Reporting and Systems will ensure that the Company s books and records are in compliance with U.S. GAAP reporting requirements by leading the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statements, footnotes, and management discussion and analysis. The Director will also develop strong working relationships with the Cox Enterprises Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury groups, as well as, the Company s external auditors.
* Oversight and control responsibilities for quarterly and annual financial statement preparation.
* Responsible for consolidation of all Cox Automotive financial actual information for all domestic and foreign operations. Ensure appropriate consolidation principles are applied in accordance with ASC Topic 810, Consolidation, including:
* Intercompany processes and eliminations
* Investment accounting and eliminations
* ASC Topic 830, Foreign Currency Matters
* Noncontrolling Interests
* Legal entity accounting
* Direct the compilation and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial statement accounts including account roll-forwards and detailed account level analysis to both ensure proper recording and classification of accounts and to provide analytic support to senior management and CEI Financial Reporting.
* Manage monthly closing process and completion of financial statements on a timely basis. Lead the improvements in the closing process and calendar management, working effectively with other parts of the accounting team to accelerate closing entries and streamline posting of transactions.
* Assist in internal and external audits to ensure information being received is correct and done in a timely manner.
* Serves as the technical advisor to senior management and the business operations for any complex accounting related issues.
* Works closely with CEI Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury departments on actual financial results presented and any technical accounting issues.
* Ensures the accuracy of the financial information used in the CEI tax provision and tax returns are provided in a timely manner.
* Responsible for all acquisition accounting entries required for any acquisitions and other accounting issues related to new businesses.
* Perform research, provide consultation and prepare/review documentation for complex accounting issues for the Company s files and the external auditors.
* Implement new accounting standards and participate in the establishment of internal accounting policies.
* College degree required. Business, Accounting, or Finance degree preferred. CPA preferred. MBA a plus.
* Minimum 10 years of related work experience; prior management experience for 5+ years preferred.
* Public company or Big 4 experience preferred.
* Previous experience with Oracle and Oracle Financial Close Suite including HFM is highly preferred.
* Experience in the consolidations of a multi-unit company
* Extensive computer experience, as well as Wdesk(Workiva) and Hyperion skills beneficial.
* Strong communication skills and ability to quickly develop positive working relationships.
* Able to maintain effectiveness in changing work environment and responsibilities.
* Expert technical skills and a thorough understanding of GAAP.
* Ability to work independently and proactively develop solutions with minimal guidance.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time