Director Financial Systems 8/9/2016
Laureate Education, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Director, Financial Systems Will Lead And Manage The Strategy And Day-to-day Operations Of The Company s Finance And Procurement Systems Across The Following Areas:
* Field and Global Support
* Controls and Compliance
* Business analysis
* Technical team
This position will work closely with finance, procurement and business leadership across the Laureate network to ensure our financial systems are meeting the business needs, are fully compliant and ensure support and development work are being delivered effectively.
The role is responsible for ensuring the functions of change management, and release management comply with:
* Section 404-public company requirements
* SOX--including design and enforcement of security roles to maintain proper segregation of duties (SOD)
* COSO 2013 process documentation requirements
* SDLC lifecycle policies and procedures, including Agile
Whenever Gaps Or Issues Arise, This Role Is Responsible Within Enterprise Platforms To Close The Issue. This May Require Working With All Stakeholders To Collaborate On A Solution. This Role Will Be The Primary Liaison To Satisfy External Audit Requests.
In Addition To Compliance, A Chief Responsibility Will Be To Cultivate A Customer Service Focus And Culture. As The Primary Owner Of Support Resolution And Development, An Important Measurement Of Success Will Be Customer Satisfaction. This Requires Communicating And Setting Proper Expectations With Corporate And Field Operations. Supporting That Communication Will Be Set Of Processes And Tools Which Assist In Prioritization Among Various Stakeholders.
This Position Will Lead And Manage A Diverse Team Consisting Of 1) Suppliers Performing Support And Development Services, 2) Level 1 Support Field Organizations In Various Countries And 3) A Team Of Corporate Staff.
* Measure and manage associate workforce to cultivate a customer service focus and culture
* Influence business and IT stakeholders and team members, to get buy-in on decisions that will lead to the success of critical projects.
* Establish proper communication channels with corporate and institutions and establish a regular governance process with Finance to prioritize projects and manage the budget
* Facilitate governance over key processes
* Proactively finds ways of optimizing cost structure and increasing efficiency
* Manage, develop and monitor remote and local teams
* Familiarity with and ability to create, monitor and evaluate control environments
* Ensures teams communicate status and make and keep commitments on dates.
* Manage 3rd-party vendors as an integral part of the team's activities
* Work with the business, SMEs, Plan and Build groups to identify gaps and challenging problems faced by the organization.
* Investigate additional opportunities using LEAN or other methodologies to remove waste in processes and speed activities such as Accounting Close.
* Be up to date on requirements related to patches, fixes, upgrades and factor these into the road maps.
* Make recommendations on improvements to day-to-day business operations and service delivery.
* Identify and ensure implementation of process and system enhancements to continuously improve operations.
* Ensure team attains established service levels.
* Ability and willingness to do international travel as required. (Expect 30-50% international travel)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, And COMPETENCIES:
* 4 year undergraduate degree in accounting, IT or related field required
* Advanced education or comparable experience preferred
* 10-12 years relevant consulting, support or development work experience in a similar operation
* Prior exposure to finance-related job experience a plus
* Industry or Shared Services experience a plus
* Experience using PeopleSoft, Hyperion and other like platforms is a plus
* Ability to speak a foreign language is preferred: particularly Spanish or Portuguese
* Knowledge of IT and Finance control environment; ability to identify, evaluate, monitor controls
* Knowledge and experience managing offshore, near shore and local teams
* Familiarity and experience managing Help Desk operations and procedures
* Deep experience in taking requirements and making packaged software conform to requirements
* Ability to create and evaluate business requirement documents, functional and/or technical specifications,
* Ability to document, analyze and evaluate processes using Visio or other tools
* Exposure to various international regulatory reporting requirements
* Exposure to Finance & Accounting: Fixed Assets and Capital Accounting, Financial Analysis & Management Reporting, Procurement, Closing & Consolidations, External Reporting, Travel & Expenses, Treasury, Accounts Payables and associated systems
Ability To Evaluate Technical Deliverables Produced By Others
* Knowledge regarding data centers, hosting and managing these vendor relationships
* Ability to read and write SQL
* Ability to define integration points, XML, flat file, EDI and other formats.
* Be viewed as a credible and sincere source of thought leadership.
* Provide the vision and direction with a defined long-range plan for the Enterprise Platforms organization.
* Create clear and concise messages that effectively communicate how Corporate IT supports Laureate s strategic direction.
* Identify improvement opportunities and actively engage in implementing improvements.
* Assist associates in preparing to continuously improve, add value and sustain the long-term vision of the Corporate IT organization.
* Capable of being entrusted with confidential information.
* Ability to coach and motivate team members and create team cohesiveness
* Ability to build productive working relationships with customers and associates.
* Ability to make decisive decisions on difficult issues.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Ability to be flexible with job duties and scope of work.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.