Director, Food and Nutritional Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 10250-1241
HealthTrust (legally known as HealthTrust Purchasing Group, LP) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total cost management solutions, including supply chain solutions and a contract and service portfolio unparalleled in quality, scope and value. HealthTrust serves 1,350 acute care facilities and members in more than 15,000 other locations, including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
JOB SUMMARY The position is responsible for the assessment, development and implementation of a food and nutritional operational improvement and expense management solutions for HCA facilities. This position will serve as a subject matter expert in Food and Nutritional Services (FNS) standardization and utilization, general FNS clinical programs, technology utilization, and operations. This position is responsible for reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio, developing comprehensive clinical and utilization protocols, developing and executing food formulary standardization plan. This position is responsible for building strategic alliances with HCA Corporate, Division, and Hospital Executive Staff, and FNS Department Directors as it relates to successfully executing a FNS improvement plan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Provides leadership in the area of food and nutritional expense management to contribute to HCA s Corporate, Division and facility overall strategic plan especially as it relates to food and nutritional operations and expense management
* Assess and provide leadership in the area of food and nutritional expense to guide and support organization s strategy with the ability to effectively lead others.
* Assimilates information from variety of sources, able to analyze data and make strategic recommendations and executes a course of action.
* Develops, implements, and coordinates within the Hospital or Division:
* Standardization of policies and procedures related to FNS expense management and operations
* Standardize Patient and Retail Menus
* Developing benchmarking with dashboards for the facility and Division
* Identify and replicate best practices throughout HCA
* Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs and challenges.
* Coordinates the development and delivery of customer solution that includes improvement of patient satisfaction results.
* Provides educational opportunities to customers.
* Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within HealthTrust, Parallon Supply Chain Solutions and organization s leadership and staff.
* Establishes and meets established FNS expense savings goals.
* Collaborates with organizations to track and analyze financial data.
* Provides cost saving enhancement strategies.
* Develops standardized documents, processes, and calculations to quantify food savings and other improvement metrics.
* Directs multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Demonstrates the ability to develop a project plan for major projects.
* Develops milestones for projects to determine outcomes are achieved.
* Monitors goal achievement.
EDUCATION: A Baccalaureate degree required. Master s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years in a healthcare food service operations and leadership role experience required. Proven track record in program development and execution. 10 years in a healthcare food services leadership position managing multiple facilities and experience within a group purchasing organization preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: As appropriate to education
Last Edited: 09/01/2016