Director Foodservice Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis role is responsible for leading cross-functional business teams in the planning, execution and analysis of various business initiatives related to products, pricing, marketing, promotion, and packaging to achieve the channel business goals
Reporting to the President with strong collaboration and interaction with the senior leadership of the company the DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICE MARKETING will own all brand initiatives for the $30M multiple food services categories business including:
* Prepared Foods (i.e. delis in grocery stores)
* Kroger Account
* Foodservice (C&U, K-12, healthcare)
This role will have accountability for the analysis strategy to maximize results in emerging categories and the development and execution of strategies to enhance and improve existing category performance.
FIRST YEAR GOALS:
* PROFITABILITY- Assess and enhance existing pricing, sku rationalization and margin enhancements to reduce write-offs
* MARKETING EFFECTIVENESS-Assess and Execute strategies to enhance positioning of products, accelerate menu program strategy and to increase efficiency in marketing promotional programs and materials
* SALES EXECUTION- Partner with sale on prioritization, key acct strategies, fix the mix, and incremental sell-in strategies to existing customers, Enhance targeted distribution, drive better utilization with existing distributors, selling tools
SPECIFIC ROLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead strategic planning process to achieve growth objectives including:
_Enhancing Entry Strategy for Convenience Store Business line_
_Building Growth Strategy for K-12, Healthcare and College and University Line_
_Enhanced Profitability of Canada business line_
* Create category and customer specific business plans, including portfolio optimization and product innovation pipelines
* Leverage trends and research to identify opportunities to better meet the needs of target audience, and contribute to strategy development.
* Manage current product portfolio for Foodservice, including resolving ongoing issues to ensure the line is healthy.
* Lead development and execution of Foodservice Marketing programs (e.g., promotions, specialty packaging, events, messaging, collateral) by partnering closely with Sales.
* Identify gaps in current portfolio
* Develop and execute strategies for entry into new channels
* Develop marketing programs to increase contact and engagement with distributors and customers
* Help key stakeholders put in place KPIs to measure marketing activities including Promo spending efficiency
* Identify efficiencies in Trade show and other promotional programs
* Develop In-Store training programs and tools.
* Contribute insight to volume forecasting and tracking.
* Recommend and manage budget for channel-specific Foodservice marketing
* Lead Product Innovation to identify new opportunities and platforms/programs for distribution
* Planning and execution of strategies to penetrate the Retail and Commercial Foodservice ecosystem
* Analyze and Recommend Cost Containment Strategies
* Stakeholder Management
* Portfolio Growth Strategy Design
* Brand Performance Reversal
* P&L responsibility
* Proven record of successful Go-To-Market execution across Foodservice channels
* Track record of success in a growing Prepared Foods company or emerging Prepared Foods Division in a scaled company
* Depth of experience in product launches or line extensions into Prepared Food channels
* Expertise in the dynamics of the Retail and Commercial Food Service Industry
* Examples of success in collaborating with a cross functional team including direct interaction with Sales, R&D and Customer Facing teams
* BA in Marketing or related field. MBA preferred
* 5-8 years brand management/marketing experience.
* Expertise in brand marketing in food, beverage, or consumer packaged goods required
* Strong Foodservice channel insight (ingredients a plus)
* Proven track record of delivering consistent results in the market
* Scaled CPG Product leadership experience along with a true entrepreneurial Mindset
* Robust experience in message development for Foodservice, including online
* Track record of success in gaining influence in a matrixed organization
* Highly innovative and scrappy - able to produce results with limited resources
* Creative, enthusiastic, and engaging team player
* Excellent oral and written communication skill
* Strong cross-functional leadership and facilitation skills
* Strong analytical thinking
* Detail oriented with a talent for identifying key operational success metrics.
* Highly ethical and honest.
* Strong entrepreneurial outlook
* Change agent with the ability to impact organizational growth
* Strong and effective communicator.
* The ability to translate data into action.
* Bias for action backed up with strong data.
* High level of Emotional Intelligence.
* Strong knowledge of marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals.
* Must be able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
* Functions effectively with ambiguity.