Director, Global Enterprise Network
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector, Global Enterprise Network
The Director, Global Enterprise Network role will provide senior expertise and leadership to manage the operations of the company's corporate data communications network infrastructure. This is a critical role with overall infrastructure operations responsible and accountable for delivering best-in-class network performance, availability and resource utilization, including all operational aspects of service provisioning, repair, upgrades, and maintenance of existing/future networks, leveraging state-of-the-art networking tools and technologies such as virtualization, software-defined networking (SDN) and data analytics.
The successful candidate will work closely with the network engineering and network architecture teams, as well as with various leaders across the enterprise to coordinate and drive corporate network operations capabilities to meet challenges of technology, regulatory, security, and competitive conditions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior network operations leader to make key contributions to help transform Equinix's global networks toward next-generation operational capabilities. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Infrastructure Engineering and Operations.
The successful candidate will provide senior technical operations leadership in several networking areas of expertise (e.g. datacenter networking, IP, SDN, WAN/SD-WAN, transport and cloud), and will develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize and optimize network operations methods and tools to reduce cycle times and increase reliability, stability, service agility, and global synergy of Equinix's corporate network components. (S)/He will work collaboratively with network operations, network engineering and network architecture teams in the Global Technology Services organization, as well as with other functional and technology areas of Equinix and senior leaders in various global markets, to define and execute business priorities. This candidate will lead a crisis/incident-response team to drive network crisis events to resolution.
* Network architecture, engineering and operations to drive bottoms-up improvements
* Lead crisis/incident event management incidents
* Customer/partner engagements to represent operational concerns/needs
* Mentor technical staff and drive programs to improve effectiveness and efficiency
* More specifically, the primary responsibilities include the following:
* Establish best-practice methodologies for incident and problem resolution in a global, 24 x 7, high-volume, high-availability, critical production environment, based on metrics-based KPIs.
* Lead the development of innovative network architecture and operational processes and tools from concept to delivery with a focus on new technologies, particularly virtualization, SDN and data analytics.
* Provide leadership to manage demands from projects and technology upgrades including recommendations for vendor tools/solutions and global alignment of networks.
* Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of senior professionals and set clear priorities to achieve department goals and KPIs.
* Manage oversight of complex network architecture and operations processes based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
* Support adoption of new technologies and tools, recommend capability improvements to network engineering, and assist in lab deployments for technology trials.
* Ensure that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets.
* Drive coordination, consensus and execution to mitigate cyber risk issues and emerging threats in such a dynamic environment.
* Direct the continuous and secure design, operation, administration and maintenance of the corporate computing and networking infrastructure, including development of Risk Management, Identity/Access Management, Information Security and Privacy, and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
* Lead development of innovation and strategic direction in application of theories and concepts in data network architecture design, configuration, administration, maintenance and/or support.
* Assist in the development of a strategic roadmap to ensure network architecture, engineering and operations goals are met.
* Work closely with other departments to proactively ensure network operations capabilities are capable of handling emerging and future business requirements.
* Ensure service level targets are met, and address all service-level complaints.
* Ensure network and voice operations are conducted according to corporate standards, and in compliance with external standards as defined in company objectives (e.g., ITIL, COBIT, ISO27001/27002 and similar).
* Participate in disaster recovery/business continuity activities, as needed.
* Comfort in working through corporate culture with purpose and energy to promote unified approach.
* Establish standards and governance in future acquisitions to mitigate risk and maximize network stability.
* Provide subject matter expertise in interactions with partners and customers, program manage projects externally and internally.
* Experience designing and leading a global corporate network operations team for a large enterprise that has globally distributed office locations and workforce
* Proven track record of driving change and transformation in network operations processes, tools and technologies through metrics-driven, KPI-based methodologies, and an evidence-based operational improvement and decision-making approach to best meet business objectives and priorities.
* Prior experience in driving and leading enterprise technology and cultural transformation programs.
* Experience working with highly effective engineering teams through major technology transitions.
* Demonstrated understanding of tools and technologies in network operations ecosystem.
* Prior experience in a dedicated role around defining network operations strategic planning.
* Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career.
* Prior experience in Cisco and non-Cisco networking technologies.
* Hands-on experience in deploying large scale-out network technologies.
* Great communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams.
* Track record in developing next-generation leaders.
* Demonstrated experience of metrics-driven management with accountability.
* Undergraduate degree required; Engineering degree strongly preferred.