Director, Global Manufacturing Engineering & Factory Automation 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
TE Sensors Solutions is creating a new manufacturing engineering organization to take our operations to the next level. We are seeking a versatile and experienced leader able to create and execute a comprehensive strategy to achieve manufacturing engineering and factory automation goals globally within TE Sensor Solutions. With sites across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, the Director of Manufacturing Engineering and Factory Automation must have cultural dexterity, a continuous improvement mindset, and a passion for coaching and developing teams. The ideal candidate will be comfortable driving change through the development of this new organization while being able to effectively partner with other functions to ensure alignment and business success. This position will report to the Vice President, Global Operations for TE Sensors Solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
The Director will manage regionally based teams and Centers of Excellence to ensure the following objectives are met:
Manufacturing engineering process standardization and cost reduction
* Develop and deploy standardized processes, procedures and reporting globally
* Audit adherence to standards and institute corrective protocols, recognition and reward programs to support expected performance and behaviors
* Coach manufacturing engineering teams to increase engagement and performance
* Partner with operations leaders and continuous improvement teams to construct annual conversion productivity plans for projects by site that yield reduced costs and higher efficiencies of at least 3%.
* Lead monthly reviews to ensure organization is on track to meet goals and objectives
New product manufacturing introduction and support
* Engage in Lean Product and Process Development with Engineering teams to provide inputs and guidance on costs, manufacturing capability, production rates, etc to ensure a robust and cost effective design for manufacturing
* Determine operational readiness to accept new products into production and represent operations in new project review process
* Manage transfer of new products into production with applicable manufacturing sites to ensure on-time, at-budget, high quality products are produced
* Mediate escalated concerns that cannot be resolved locally including cross-functional issues
Global manufacturing process Centers of Excellence
* Develop and manage a small team of senior manufacturing process experts to set standards across all TE Sensors Solutions sites (soldering/welding/wire bonding; potting & curing; clean room processes and standards; test calibration & measurement)
* Ensure team remains at cutting edge of leading marketplace technologies and methodologies, adapting and deploying them throughout TE Sensors Solutions.
* Promote CoE team as true Centers of Excellence for global operations, ensuring they are responsive to internal customers, sharing best practices, documenting and distributing standards and proactively training at sites
Manufacturing process automation
The Director will construct and manage regionally focused factory automation teams; initially leading the team in North America.
* Identify opportunities and implement automation solutions that will provide cost savings, quality improvements and/or cycle time reductions in partnership with sites
* Ensure teams are actively aware of leading factory automation solutions, deploying them throughout TE Sensors Solutions consistently so automated processes are the same globally
* Manage automation investments with site manufacturing engineering teams to ensure appropriate prioritization and capture of benefits.
* BS in Engineering or Related Science
* 7+ years of Engineering experience in a discrete manufacturing environment, ideally in a Manufacturing or Process Engineering role
* 5+ years managing teams, preference for global scope
* 5+ years of working in a global environment
* Culturally competent with an inclusive mindset
* Strong process orientation with demonstrated success in this area
* Decisive, results focused leader with passion for people
* Ability to lead through adversity, push status quo and motivate/influence others
* Alignment with Pay for Performance culture
* Confident in organizational, interpersonal and communication skills across levels and in various settings
* Sound problem-solving skills in both functional areas of operations and interpersonal relationship management