Director, Global Practice Services (Legal) 8/23/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR, GLOBAL PRACTICE SERVICES (LEGAL INDUSTRY EXPERTISE REQUIRED)
Location: Los Angeles
As a member of the IS Leadership team, the primary role of this position is to provide superior eDiscovery and practice technology support to the firm's constituents by analyzing case team and client needs, development and delivery. The Director of GPS will lead a team of 20 GPS Specialists and Analysts.
Work with matter teams to streamline eDiscovery technology that supports attorney/client development. Deliver world-class solutions and ensure the timely delivery of the firm's IS and eDiscovery services.
* Manage practice technology support team to ensure quality assurance on all cases/collections and program objectives are being met and service is delivered consistent with the firm's business requirements and published service level commitments.
* General oversight of projects, priorities and tasks to ensure priorities are understood and deadlines are being met.
* Maintain firm established billable and realization rates.
* Regular interaction with attorneys and their case support teams to manage priorities and maintain excellent customer service relationships.
* Regular and timely communication on issues and project status.
* Maintain and enforce necessary policy and standard operating protocols. Work with Office of General Council to review and update the policy and procedures.
* Propose appropriate staffing schedules and management of staff performance.
* Annual budgeting and monthly variance reporting on operating expenses.
* Work collaboratively with managers and senior leaders in other departments on other firm projects.
* Provide monthly and annual financial reports including billable hours, realization and write-off analysis.
* Write business proposals, memos and give presentations to attorneys, senior administrative leadership, case teams and other staff.
* Provide technical training, consulting and presentations as needed.
* Research and provide input on new products and solutions.
* Project management experience and staff development.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supported technologies include but are not limited to:
* Win 10 / Office 2016 / Adobe / Payne Templates
1. Must be able to perform duties independently.
2. Strong business analysis skills and strong oral and written communication skills required.
3. Proven ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment.
4. Experience in different application and project management best practices.
1. BSdegree in a computer related field or equivalent experience required. JD degree is a plus.
2. The candidate must have at least 10 years' experience in litigation support and staff management. The ideal candidate will have had successful experience in the legal industry.
3. Experience in a number of business and professional fields is desirable.
4. Existing membership in any training-related organization is desirable.