- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director, Global Solutions Marketing - Strategic Industries
Hitachi Consulting is seeking a Director Global Solutions Marketing who will be responsible for driving thought leadership and authoring content to deliver industry-differentiating value proposition messaging, customer case studies and cross-technology solutions to address industry-specific business imperatives. The individual will report to the VP of Marketing and have the responsibility for developing and executing overall GTM plans for the global solutions industry marketing plans, working closely with global solutions industry leadership, including solutions portfolio leads, partner marketing, field sales and field marketing. This lead will work cross-functionally with global industry cross-functional leadership to develop GTM programs specific to target client groups. The successful candidate will be accountable for rapidly creating and launching a winning industry solutions marketing strategy with experience marketing in a consulting, software or hardware company selling to medium and large enterprises. The marketing lead must have proven leadership skills, management experience, and expertise in successfully establishing new marketing processes. The position requires a combination of strategic thinking and hands-on tactical execution. The successful candidate will be able to analyze and understand the market and customer opportunity, and then create the appropriate solution marketing strategy including targeted messaging, positioning, sales materials and thought leadership.
* Evaluate priorities and formulate overall industry and solution marketing plan, including specific measures of success. Work with key stakeholders to create a vision for the new industry marketing function.
* Establish and lead a new industry marketing team.
* Research, develop and execute industry business plans including market sizing, addressable market opportunity, win/loss analysis, customer requirements, competitive positioning, and more.
* Work with product management/engineering and demo teams to guide the development of industry-specific solutions, technologies and demos. Work with partners to develop industry-specific joint solutions.
* Work with marketing programs and field marketing teams to develop and execute annual and quarterly go-to-market plans, including, for each key industry: lead solutions, awareness, demand generation, sales enablement and partner plans, and supporting materials/content.
* Aggressively position and market the company as the leading enterprise software solution provider for each key industry and functional solution area. Develop clear, compelling industry and functional value propositions, based on pain points that resonate with customers and prospects.
* Develop an in-depth understanding of customer and prospect requirements and represent the voice of the customer/prospect within the organization. Provide effective sales and marketing tools that enable Sales to successfully win new business. Provide direction and/or drive the creation of industry- and function specific content, including web content, collateral, white papers, customer presentations, customer case studies, ROI models, and solution demos.
* Support social media strategy through value-added industry/functional content creation and by communicating with leading industry bloggers and other influencers.
* Perform sales training and participate in sales calls to ensure field effectiveness in positioning and selling.
* Market research, segmentation and sizing, identifying "burning platforms" and HCC sales arguments and value
* Messaging development, for sales, marketing, executives, for solutions and for overall GSI
* Competitive intelligence, objection handling, etc.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in industry, solution and/or product marketing in the enterprise consulting, high tech or software market.
* Experience working in and/or marketing to target industries and business functions for global solutions across cloud, IoT, digital/mobile and technology convergence.
* Strategic thinking and ability to define and pursue high level objectives based on segmentation analysis.
* Proven ability to understand and communicate business processes, business challenges and associated infrastructure requirements effectively within different vertical industries and/or business functions.
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with marketing colleagues.
* Proven ability to provide the overall marketing direction for a solution, or set of solutions in an industry or functional area, including building a market-driven business case, developing a marketing and launch plan, creating compelling messaging based on customer pain points, and working closely with customers, industry experts, press and analysts.
* Experience working with technology partners and system integrators to develop and implement partner marketing plans.
* Exceptional personnel management and leadership skills with an entrepreneurial drive and work ethic and attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritize in a results-driven, collaborative environment.
* High aptitude for technology and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Bachelor degree in Marketing, Economics and/or Computer Science, MBA preferred.
LOCATION: Dallas, Denver or San Francisco preferred OR any market with an HCC office