Director HIM (Full Time) South Austin Medical Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25497-123335
Parallon Business Solutions includes financial services, revenue operations, patient account services, health information management, and human resources for our non-hospital lines of business, allowing patient care delivery partners to direct all of their attention and commitment to quality patient care.
Under the direction of the Regional HIM Director, the HIM "Leader" is responsible for managing, coordinating, and performing the day-to-day operations and workflow of the facility based HIM operations. Assists the Regional HIM Director with the oversight and implementation of facility related HIM Service Center (HSC) operational planning, service level agreements, budgets, workflow processes, and internal controls. The HIM Leader actively participates in the facility based unbilled management process and resolution of issues contributing to unbilled accounts. This person serves as a promoter of the HSC and is the on-site "face" of the HSC.
Supervises - Facility HIM Clerk, Facility HIM Coordinator, Facility Birth Certificate Clerk(s) and Facility Tumor Registrar(s) as applicable
Implementation Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
* Assists with the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) and HIM Shared Services pre migration/implementation activities leading up to HSC start-up, including but not limited to: FTE base lining and management, forms management, interface workbook, operational assessment, action planning, productivity monitoring, release of information management, record storage and destruction management, staff education, and HIM operations clean up
* Participates in communication efforts with HIM personnel, facility departments, facility department and unit leadership, facility leadership, and medical staff, including serving as a key HIM contact for facility implementation activities and project core team meetings
* Responsible for managing facility based HIM operations and staff including, but not limited to, record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, hardcopy retrieval of medical records, tumor and/or trauma registry, and processing of birth certificate/paternity papers as applicable
* Routinely assists in the performance of facility based HIM operations including, but not limited to, ad hoc record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, and hardcopy retrieval of medical records as needed
* Performs facility unbilled activities including physician query follow up, physician incomplete record follow up, collaboration with facility department leaders in monitoring and working unbilled reports, working the applicable HPF queues, working the applicable unbilled management reports and queues, (e.g., DET/eRequest, Bill 49) and management of HIM operations unbilled processes
* Works all facility HIM responsible HPF workflow queues (includes, but is not limited to, the Facility HIM Department Queue, all Coding Pend for Queues, Review Queues, Unknown Document Queue, Cancelled Accounts Queue and all Wait for Queues) according to established workflow guidelines and schedules
* Other duties as assigned
Undergraduate degree required, strongly prefer a Health Information Management degree
A minimum of one year of HIM department experience is preferred, three or more years is strongly preferred.
A minimum of one year healthcare management experience is strongly preferred
Parallon Business Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
Last Edited: 10/03/2016