Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID 42302BR
Title Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR)
Job Category Regulatory Affairs
Job Description Purpose
* He/she supports clinical and market development, develops US HEOR/value dossiers, plans and conducts OR advisory panels, and conducts HEOR studies.
* The Director, HEOR is an individual contributor and acts independently to develop HEOR strategy, plan, budget, projects, processes and other activities.
* The incumbent acts as the HEOR champion and is accountable for the development of short-term and longterm plans and evidence (programs and studies) to support the value proposition of Novo Nordisk product/s in the US market throughout the product lifecycle.
* Field-based relationships include clinical and academic KOL relationships, consultants & vendors, and professional associations / conferences.
* The Director, HEOR reports to a Senior Director, HEOR and works closely with HQ functions, CMR, Market Access, Public Affairs and Managed Markets.
* The incumbent works closely with Global HEOR and Global Marketing colleagues in corporate headquarters.
* Director HEOR is an individual contributor, and acts independently with substantial latitude to develop and manage product or program (e.g., research collaboration with a strategic account) specific HEOR strategy, plan, budget, contracts and studies.
* Employs advanced technical expertise to design and perform health economic and outcome research projects/studies focusing on value, positioning and unmet needs of pipeline and/or newly launched Novo Nordisk product/s
* Is accountable for annual plan budget and contract/budget management.
* Is responsible for all aspects of effective project management, including RFP development, selection of research partners, contract execution, budget planning, protocol design, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, and development of research findings into publications in alignment with Medical Affairs and commercial strategies
* Provides US strategic insights and inputs to shape Global HEOR strategies and development
* Through extensive interaction with MM Strategy and relevant Brand Marketing teams, assists in building comprehensive value arguments to improve market access and improving patient outcomes.
* 10-20% overnight travel required
Development of People
* Ensure that reporting personnel have 3P forms with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
* Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
* Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* A PhD (preferred) or Masters degree in appropriate field (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, business/health services research, biostatistics)
* Advanced knowledge and experience in conducting health economics, health related quality of life, and/or health services research studies and the evaluation of health care interventions
* At least 8 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing, reimbursement, and/or portfolio analysis
* Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development
* In-depth knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, PBMs, Medicare, and Medicaid
* In-depth knowledge of US healthcare system and clinical development process.
* Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
Department CMR - HEOR (3)
Position Location US - Princeton, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting \\"Yes\\" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.