Director, Health Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Community of Hope Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
The Director, Health Operations provides leadership for the day-to-day operations of COH's health centers. The position is responsible for ensuring that operation staff provide an exceptional patient experience. Additionally this position is part of the health services leadership team and collaborates to ensure that operations support the patient centered medical home model and other COH strategic goals. This role also participates in activities to enhance revenue and manage budgets. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collaborates with other department leaders to support strategic initiatives, contributing to the development of policies and processes while representing the needs and challenges of operational staff;
* Supervises schedule management to ensure sufficient patient access and panel management. Analyzes patient assignment process and panel size;
* Maintains oversight of the scheduling system and monitors for continuous quality improvement on no-show rates, walk-in hours, and urgent care access;
* Ensures that policies for payment, sliding fee discount registration and renewal, telephone encounters/actions, and scheduling triage are followed;
* Looks for efficiencies through staff cross training, new services or equipment, etc to ensure that resources are managed adequately;
* Participates in development of the administrative services budget annually and monitors actual vs budget expenses in conjunction with Practice Managers;
* Ensures that ECW is utilized according to COH policies and procedures for patient communication, scheduling and billing;
* Manages security settings and entry of fees schedules, codes, etc. in ECW and Open Dental;
* Provides support on coding question to resolve questions and ensure compliance with coding protocols;
* Facilitates communication between COH operations staff and billing contractors in order to maximize revenue. Participates in weekly meetings to review processes;
* Participates in credentialing activities with other staff to ensure swift compliance and ongoing maintenance of providers with insurance companies. Serves as liaison with insurance company representatives;
* Develops and leads a strong Practice Management Team by coaching, leading and training direct reports;
* Reviews the performance of team members, including doing performance evaluations on a timely basis and documenting any issues or changes.
* B.A./B.S. required. MBA, MPH, or CPME preferred although related job experience will be considered;
* Minimum 2 years in health care field required;
* Minimum 2 years supervision required.
* Experience with electronic health records required; billing experience preferred.
* Strong organizational, people, and writing skills required;
* Commitment to working with underserved populations;
* Ability to work in a non-profit.
We offer great benefits including:
* Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
* Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
* Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
* Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
* 403(b) Retirement Plan;
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
* Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
* Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
* Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
* And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For 35 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for lo