Director, Human Resources Business Partner, G&A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Our HR department has and continues to expand with the growth of the company and as such we are seeking a Director, Human Resources Business Partner to support the General & Administrative (G&A) organization.
In this role, you will support the bright minds of the Gilead Sciences G&A team that make up for a total of 1,100 employees. This business partner will support several influential members of the G&A leadership team, including several Vice Presidents, in global organizational assessment and design, talent management, succession planning, employee relations, performance management, and coaching for their respective groups. It is an opportunity to work with talented people to bring forth innovation within the pharmaceutical industry. You will have the opportunity to make an impact whilst being part of a historically significant company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Managing a range of human resources services, focusing on the G&A function, the HR Business Partner provides proactive HR leadership and consultation to business groups supporting managers and employees of the organization.
* Fills the role of strategic advisor in meeting facilitations. Partners with G&A senior leadership to provide the strategic leadership in organizational change and other new initiatives.
* Ensures organizational success in complex business situations such as merger, acquisitions, exceptional business trajectories, and /or reorganizations.
* Designs and/or implements programs in accordance with company-wide human resources policies, procedures and initiatives.
* Working with client group management, influences line-managers to make changes in organizational structure or processes to support growth within the organization.
* Serves as a consultant to client group management and is responsible for identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business objectives, as well as strategic direction.
* Serves as integrated part of the business, working with and advising the managers of respective client groups to align with and assist in accomplishing broader business objectives.
* Provides senior management with an interpretation of current HR policies and may facilitate the training of managers and supervisors on HR programs and policies.
* Partners with the HR COEs to deliver customized programs and services to the business in the areas of organizational development, performance management, compensation, employee relations, training and staffing.
* Manages and resolves Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and Gilead policies.
* In partnership with Learning & Development, manages training needs analysis and develops training solutions to build capability within the assigned client group.
* Develops and conducts presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
* Participates on global HR initiatives that may require taking the lead on HR projects within the client group.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Typically requires a BA/BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business, and a minimum 14 years of relevant experience in the HR field.
* An MA/MS degree can be substituted for 2 years of related experience.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required (should be skilled in use of word, power point, and excel).
* Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
* Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing and consulting skills.
* Requires experience and ability to manage staff across multiple locations.
* Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
* Requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
* Work is performed with minimal direction. Exercises some latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
* Must possess conflict management and resolution skills.
* While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to discuss the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (training, compensation, benefits, etc.) with management.
* Some travel may be required.
* Role model for Gilead core values and ways of working.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :