Director - Human Resources, Manufacturing and Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Human Resources Director will partner with functional business leaders and associates within VWR to implement key HR processes and programs. This role is responsible for partnering with Executive Leadership to provide strategic HR support in the areas of talent reviews, recruiting strategies, reorganizations, internship program, employee relations, compliance, diversity, performance management, HR analysis, process redesign, strategic succession and people planning, organizational development and career development.
* Counsels and advises managers for assigned functional areas on HR issues.
* Provides day-to-day employee relations support for area management and associates.
* Facilitates collaborative problem solving strategies to resolve employee relations issues through effective communication with all levels of employees.
* Leads in implementing VWR HR policies and procedures as well as monitoring the effectiveness of these programs. Assists assigned functional teams with the understanding of these programs.
* Ensures that functional teams are trained on recruiting procedures and that appropriate attention is placed on employee retention issues. Works with functional leaders to ensure that performance reviews are done in a timely manner. Works to ensure that career and training opportunities are being identified.
* Serves as key resource for legal/EEO issues and ensures local compliance with federal, state and local employment laws. Ensures implementation and communication of current Affirmative Action Programs. Keeps abreast of advances in HR and shares best practices.
* Conducts critical business analysis of proposed HR initiatives and other changes for the groups supported. As trends develop, provides factual feedback to management, identifying business solutions from a HR perspective.
* Assists management team in developing skills to manage human resources more effectively through modeling, coaching, instruction and training.
* Participates in functional staff meetings and provides HR insights on business issues when necessary.
* Manages projects and/or participates as a project member on company-wide HR initiatives.
* Supports and champions organizational change initiatives and assists field leaders as necessary.
* Manages/mentors direct reports and project leads staff.
Experience & Skills:
* Must have a proven track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to handle employee conflicts and differences by interpreting verbal/ non-verbal behavior, detecting perceptions and needs of employees, understanding and valuing employee differences.
* Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to understand business strategy and goals.
* Requires working knowledge of MS Office and HRIS systems.
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Participation in various committees
* Training programs and strategies
* M&A experience a plus
* Requires 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
* Requires minimum of 8-10 years of Human Resources experience.
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
* Ability to travel a minimum of 15-20% for overnight travel.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .