Director, Human Resources
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector, Human Resources
HRBP - Digital IT & Global Shared Services
Reports to: Global HRBP - Digital IT & GSS, Research Strategic Marketing and Innovation, Strategy and Business Development
Location: This position can be based in multiple locations: Billerica, MA, Darmstadt, Germany, St. Louis, Missouri, and other locations can be considered
Role: The Digital IT organization and GSS is a global organization of ~1100 employees and contractors based around the globe (India, Missouri, Massachusetts, France, and Germany)
Organization: The Life Science Digital IT team will lead the technology transformation of the new combined Life Science business to create a "Real Time" enterprise for the first time in the market. With the number one eCommerce platform, unique digital marketing capabilities and Bioinformatics, this group intends to create a technology platform that attracts millions of researchers and helps to solve the toughest problems in Life Science.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization's objective is to deliver on the Life Science strategy and business goals through a critical service center model out of Bangalore, India.
As a member of the Digital IT and GSS leadership team, the GHRBP is responsible for translating business priorities into HR deliverables, as well as aligning current HR programs with the team. This role is the HR interface with the Digital IT and GSS teams and is expected to take the lead role in providing HR services to the organization; closely and effectively partnering with COE and Services colleagues as necessary to deliver world class HR business partnership.
This position will lead a full HR team based in Bangalore, India and will partner closely with nine senior Digital IT globally based leaders and the leader for GSS based in India. The position will require travel, with the candidate's primary living location determining the actual amount. Travel is between 20-50%.
The GHRBP is accountable for:
* The GHRBP has a clear understanding of the business strategy and operating plan and develops an HR strategy to drive productivity and business results
* The GHRBP partners with business leaders in areas which include organizational design, talent management, developing a pipeline of talent and organizational change
* The HRBP is responsible for providing strategic and operational HR support to the Global Digital IT organization and the GSS team
* Partnering with the Digital IT & GSS leadership team to identify goals and priorities for the organization, and translating those priorities into the development and implementation of HR related solutions that drive the business priorities
* Driving an integrated talent strategy across Digital IT to identify talent at all levels and ensure robust development planning
* Building an organizational strategic talent plan including overview of current talent and gaps as well as future requirements and solutions
* Effectively aligning HR systems and processes including compensation, talent acquisition, learning and development, engagement, performance management, etc. with business needs and implement global HR solutions as appropriate within these organizations
* Providing leadership coaching and feedback, acting as a "sounding board" for senior leadership on business and people priorities
* Working with leaders to initiate and implement optimal organizational structure to accomplish business objectives and leverage talent
* Working with business leaders to drive engagement and a culture of accountabilty and collaboration within and across organizations
* Executing on priorities of the HR function
* Developing and implementing people strategies aligned with corporate strategies, leveraging corporate tools where available.
As a member of the Life Sciences HR team, the incumbent is responsible for:
* Building and maintaining effective linkages across the HR pillars (COE, Services, and other HRBPs) to ensure design and delivery of HR solutions across the organization with the appropriate level of consistency
* Leading projects as identified by the HR team to drive global HR solutions - project based work 20-25%.
* Providing operational support to HR partners who have employees based at same locations
* BA/BS required; MBA, MA in Organizational Development, HR Management or related field preferred
* 12-15+ years of demonstrated experience as an HR Business Leader with demonstrated progressive HR generalist responsibilities including 5+ years as HR Business Partner
* Strong business acumen and ability to contribute to the business strategy
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business leaders to develop, implement and monitor HR programs that enable the achievement of business goals
* Demonstrated ability to take risks, make independent decisions and evaluate people
* Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
* Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills, with ability to effectively coach leaders, build relationships and leverage resources within the function and across the organization to advance business strategy
* Demonstrated success in driving difficult change in a highly matrixed and complex global organization. Excellent knowledge in change management, organizational design, talent, performance management, strategic and operational planning
* Strong problem solving, facilitation and analytical skills
* Clear thinker - is able to think strategically and can develop simple, straight forward, effective and transparent plans that can be fully executed on a timely basis
* Courageous, tough-minded, savvy in business interactions, appropriately pushes back and challenges the status quo
* Optimistic outlook for creative problem solving
* Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization; effectively gains agreement/consensus for ideas; operates in multicultural/international environment
* Strong evidence of both a strategic and "hands on" leadership orientation.
EMD Millipore: EMD Millipore plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. EMD Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.