Director, IT CRM & Data Hub
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Director of CRM Data Environments
Function: Information Systems (USA Digital IT)
Reports To: CRM Domain Head
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, NYC
L Oreal Group has aggressively embraced the digital era, and has advanced many leading consumer-facing digital solutions across its business units. Data specifically is an area of vast strategic focus and it will power the next phase of our digital transformation.
The Director of CRM Data Environments will be responsible for implementing a consumer data hub that will be the backbone from which L Oreal USA can individualize our interactions with our consumers from the real-life department store or virtually on-line /on-mobile. It will be the golden store of all information relating to our customers and will power every interaction.
We seek a Data Expert with Master Data and Big Data experience to lead our effort to collect, organize, process, and store huge sets of data. The data will be available for both real time and analytical use cases. The primary focus will be to build and run a modern flexible solution suitable for all brands across USA and Canada. The Data Director will continue to grow and maintain this data ecosystem as data maturity increases in the company and every customer interaction affords an opportunity to enrich our understanding via data collection. This role is core to building the new CRM 3.0 ecosystem which is our most strategic project in Digital IT.
* Establish and lead best in class data storage, mastering, scaling, and security and practices for the data hub in partnership with vendor, IT security and CMO teams.
* Own any new tools and frameworks required to provide data hub capabilities.
* Build, manage and maintain all data stores.
* Establish process to readily source new, additional data to our customer data hub to engage our customers via evolving individual level customer experiences.
* Work with Integration team to ensure consistency with L Oreal integration architecture framework and that all integrations are efficiently implemented.
* Ensure performance monitoring and auto-scaling to achieve consistent response time to increasing volume and velocity of data.
* Implement data governance procedures across all schema and structures in the data environment
* Oversight of managed service team
* Technical management of data design, processing, optimization and governance
* Strong master data management, governance, and analytical skills ideally in the customer domain including
* Outstanding functional and technical communication skills and demonstrated business and IT collaboration
* Ability to utilize distributed computing, big data, and cloud principles to implement business solutions
* Know-how of machine learning a plus
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline
* Strong project management skills
* Minimum 10 years experience in data management roles
* Has worked with at least 2 of SQL, NoSQL, and Hadoop
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Experience leading technical teams with and without a direct reporting structure
* Fundamental understanding of software development lifecycle including Agile
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.