Director, IT Manufacturing and Quality systems 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Director, IT Manufacturing and Quality systems
The Director of IT Manufacturing and Quality systems will play an important part toward Moderna s overall business success in supporting the high growth of the company. S/he is responsible for the digital transformation of the business processes in Manufacturing and supply chain and interacts directly with the business executives in those domains. S/he is ideally a dynamic IT leader with an exceptional learning agility, planning/organizational skills and functional expertise, S/he will serve as a subject matter expert in this domain. S/he has a high exposure to fundamental and innovative business processes, is passionate about automation and digitalization, and has a full understanding of the industry regulatory requirements 21CFR11 and GMP manufacturing. The director of IT Manufacturing and Quality systems is responsible for the technological direction of their area of responsibilities as well as budget, contracts, and headcount.
* Lead the IT business Systems strategic and operational planning by the evaluation, deployment, and management of future systems across the organization.
* Manage all the aspects of the business process optimization in the IT systems: simplification, integration/configuration, functional and technical specifications, design, development and support.
* Hiring/contracting the right technical leads, ensuring organization structure yields a high-performing team.
* Oversee one or more programs to ensure that the quality and success of his projects are consistent, repeatable and within budget.
* Ensure any risks associated with projects in his/her portfolio are managed appropriately.
* S/he is responsible for the strategic direction of the program, ensuring the strategy is adequate, successful, followed and continuously improved
* MSc in Information Systems or equivalent
* 8+ years of experience in introduction and roll out ofManufacturing and Quality systems
* Excellent understanding of business processes and transactions
* Experience in Manufacturing, Supply chain process digitalization, (e.g. scheduling, planning, product costing, forecasting, MES, Data Historian, electronic Batch records, etc.)
* Expertise in cloud based systems automation and integration
* Must have worked in an FDA regulated industry
* Must have a strong management background and understanding of P&Ls, KPIs, and change management.
* Knowledge of architecture, data modeling, design and use of BI/data warehouses and ETL systems
* Experience architecting large enterprise application
* Experience in modern cloud based application configuration and integration (e.g. SAP Hana (logistics, MES systems, Veeva, Trackwise, LabVantage,Blue mountain, etc.)
* Knowledge of Lean/Six sigma
* Understanding of IT automation and system integration to drive efficiency
* Degree or certification in a life science discipline is preferred
* Understanding of finance and HR processes
* Strong people skills and ability to influence across the organization
* Fluency in both the languages of technology and business in order to get executive and departmental buy-in on projects and changes
* Effective Communication
* Have the energy to Embrace Company growth
* Flexibility/Adaptability to Change
* Personal Accountability
* Strategic Decision Making
* Technical/Professional Knowledge