Director IT, NA (397-143)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Maker of the world-famous Formica brand of laminate products and a leading worldwide designer/manufacturer of decorative surfacing materials, Formica Corporation puts its artistic signature on a remarkable variety of commercial and residential interior surfaces. As incredible as the diverse applications of our products is the opportunity for impressive and rewarding success we offer when you join us at our North American headquarters as a:
Director IT, North America
The Director IT, North America sits within the Technology Operations function and oversees their allocated Region. The role will be the representative of Group Technology within their prescribed Region and will serve two purposes. Their first and primary purpose will be to represent the technology interests of their Region, driving technology adoption and advising the Region GMs as to the best use of technology to support business strategy. Their secondary purpose will be to represent Group Technology, providing the business with a clear mechanism through which to access the knowledge and capabilities of Group Technology, as well as championing the performance of technology services. General responsibilities of the role include strategic planning, account management, management and preparation of annual IT budgets for the Region.
Primary Responsibilities & Activities
Strategy and planning:
* Assists GM IT throughout annual planning phase and the creation of Region plans with considerations of: business requirements, critical milestones, financial targets and the required resources.
* Assist with the design of performance objectives, then monitor and evaluate performance against these, as well as recommending new strategies for performance improvements.
* Recommend cost-reduction initiatives while ensuring the productivity and quality targets of the business remain met.
* Coordinates the involvement of Group Technology resources including support, service and management resources in order to meet performance objectives and customers expectations.
* Defines and monitors Region IT budgets, ensuring the business receives true value from its IT services.
* Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates Region IT needs on an ongoing basis.
* Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet the agreed levels.
* Professionally responds to and resolves customer queries (internal and external) within agreed parameters.
Process and system improvement:
* Leads solution development efforts that best address Region needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary Group Technology resources.
* Identify areas for improvement and concerns for investigation, develop action plans accordingly.
* Acts as a key interface between the Region and Group Technology. Liaising with GMs of IT, Divisional GMs and BU GMs during the annual planning phase.
* Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships / networks (including with relevant Divisional counterparts).
* Ensure appropriate and relevant communications are channeled to all affected parties, representing the voice of customer in Group Technology discussions.
Required Knowledge & Skills
* A relevant tertiary qualification in Business or a related discipline, MBA or equivalent management qualification is desirable
* At least 7 years direct work experience in an operational capacity, including financial and staff management
* Minimum of 5 years experience in managing a large team preferably in a political or highly complex organization
* Demonstrated disciplined approach to developing and managing a significant budget
* Proven track record of effective qualitative and quantitative judgment and decision making
* Excellent communication and customer facing skills
* Excellent problem solving abilities
* Comprehensive technical knowledge of Windows desktop and server platforms including deployment and clustering
* Comprehensive technical knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP (MCSE/MCITP Preferred)
* Comprehensive technical knowledge of virtualisation technologies (VCP Preferred)
* Comprehensive technical knowledge of storage technologies
* Comprehensive technical knowledge of backup technologies
* Comprehensive technical knowledge of Anti-Virus deployments
* Extensive knowledge of Lotus Notes Domino/Microsoft Exchange
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
* Extensive knowledge of iPhone/iPad Technology
* Knowledge of System I/AS400 Operations and Support
* LAN/WAN technologies (CCNA Preferred)
* Cisco telephony systems
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, an exciting, challenging, and fast-paced work environment.
To apply, please visit our Career Center at http://www.formica.com/en/us/careers.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vets
Only qualified individuals (those who meet the fundamental qualifications) will be considered as applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted for a minimum of 3 business days from the date of the initial posting.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States