- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director IT PMO and Partner Management
Director, IT PMO and Partner Management
Director of IT PMO & Partner Management will provide leadership for enterprise IT Portfolio, project management activities and Strategic Partner Management. The role will establish, implement, develop, and control best practices for technology project management throughout the organization, which includes defining and documenting all policies and processes of project lifecycles in order to deliver these projects according to plan and within budget. This role will also provide strategic management oversight and reporting into IT Strategic Partner Management and performance working with other key IT Leadership Team. The PMO Director will also create formal methodologies for defining project and partner key performance metrics and allocating resources.
* Oversee the development and maintenance of best practices, techniques, and tools for project and partner planning, execution, project & partner management, ongoing milestone and deliverable tracking, communication and KPI's.
* Develops strong relationships with internal clients, IT leadership, IT Crewmembers and peers to define project goals, timelines and resources to meet target completion dates.
* Oversees highly visible enterprise projects to ensure they are on track and meet required goals.
* Drive the prioritization process for IT and the executive leadership team in partnership with the CIO.
* Lead and facilitate steering committee(s), sponsor and stakeholder meetings to ensure program success.
* Enable and facilitate standardized metrics, reporting and communications, including review of portfolio monthly project status reports, Board of Director communications, and executive dashboards.
* Conduct project and partner reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful elements; Oversee change management, risk management, issue management processes management of changes to the requirement through the project life cycle through final detailed completion, validation and formal project closeout.
* Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor's in Management or computer science or engineering or related discipline with specialized leadership training and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through five (5) years of previous experience and education
* Five (5) years of leadership experience
* Seven (7) years of experience in a Business liaison role managing relationships with internal customers and external partners.
* Five (5) years of experience delivering large scale projects
* Project Management and strategic planning
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong Financial acumen
* Available for occasional overnight travel (up to 25%)
* Must be able to report to the Long Island City Support Center (LSC) within 2 hours of being notified.
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Master's degree in Management, computer science or engineering
* Possess deep technical understanding of and experience with the following: Agile Development Methodologies; Waterfall Development Methodologies; Partner Management
* Certified PMI PMP
* Experience working in travel industry
* Airline Operations experience
* Knowledge of technology fundamentals and concepts
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue s Safety Management System
* Promote JetBlue s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Uphold JetBlue s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal Office Environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.