Director, IT Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of IT Reports to the VP of Information Technology (CIO). The Director of IT will Turn IT vision into strategy and day to day activities of IT domains (Applications, Infrastructure, Service Delivery, Security and Architecture). The incumbent will work with the CIO to make sure IT day to day execution (Project planning and execution, Budget monitoring, Keep the light on activities, Break fix, providing services to TFG customers and other business unit IT groups) following IT vision, strategy, policies and best practices. The Director is expected to act as the corporate (TFG) Business IT Leader (BITL) and to provide both technical and business perspective to Information Technology challenges, posed by the company's business tactics and strategies.
* Responsible for implementing IT vision, culture and strategy in all IT groups day to day activities of TFG-IT
* Responsible for day to day activities of TFG-IT groups (Project planning and execution, Budget monitoring, Keep the light on activities, Break fix, providing services to TFG customers and other business unit IT groups)
* Participant in creating IT strategies
* Responsible for executing TFG-IT 3 year roadmap.
* Responsible for effective communication with TFG-IT management to ensure continuous improvement of TFG-IT.
* Responsible for acquiring and maintaining business knowledge, using this knowledge to align TFG-IT to TFG needs.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining relations with strategic TFG-IT vendors.
* Responsible for documenting, measuring and continuously improving IT processes.
* Identifies the need for, hires, reviews and terminates TFG-IT managers and other associates as necessary.
* Responsible for monitoring and measuring performance of TFG-IT assets.
* Overall responsibility to set, provide and maintain SLAs with TFG.
* Responsible for TFG-IT DR/BCP planning, testing and execution.
* Responsible for architecture, IT lifecycle implementation, and governance across all TFG-IT Domain/Domains.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* A bachelor's degree from four year College or University, plus a minimum of 15 years related experience and/or training or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* At least 15 years of knowledge (SME level) and experience with cross IT and Enterprise domains.
* Technical knowledge with at least 3 IT domains (Development, Data Management, Architecture, Security, Infrastructure, Service Delivery).
* The incumbent must be cognizant of broad technology trends.
* Strong communication skills needed to interface with senior Friedkin Companies business stakeholders, external business partners/suppliers and key customers
* Demonstrated experience in crisis management and a bias for developing procedures to avoid crises is highly desirable.
* Ability to drive change.
* Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations, and build partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels.
* Strong innovation skills to customize or implement solutions to problems and craft new solutions in creative ways.
* Effective human relations and leadership skills are necessary for success in this role.
* Proven experience and knowledge with the above responsibilities
o Work hard to improve and correct your skills
o Demonstrate daily effort to fullest extent of potential abilities
o Demonstrate love and passion for what you're doing
o Use a positive attitude to resolve issues and conflicts
o Your heart being in your work
o Respect all other group members
o Demonstrate spirit of goodwill that exists between individuals and members of a group
o Stay away from favoritism
o Demonstrate cooperation at all levels - working together in all ways to accomplish the common goal
o Listen to other team members and always seek to find the best way rather than insisting on your own way
o Take the blame and give the credit
o Loyalty to yourself - your standards, your system, your values
o Be loyal to your peers, team and the Company
o Be loyal to the people you lead
o Master high level of judgment and common sense by demonstrating discipline and mastery of emotions
o Demonstrate Self-Control both personally and by team
o Resist the easy choice, the expedient solution
o Regardless the difficulties don't give up, don't quit, stay on course
o Resist temptation and stay the course, concentrate on your objective with determination and resolve
o Always spend time and effort to know what is coming
o Be observant constantly, quick to spot a weakness and correct it as the case may warrant
o Strive for continuous improvement
o Have the courage to make decisions and take action
o Learning from mistakes is the best way to become better
o Initiate quickly, but not carelessly
o Have mental and moral condition by practicing moderation and balance in all that you do.
o Be conditioned for whatever you're doing if you're going to do it right - to the best of your ability.
o Be the example by executing all competencies every day.
o Know what you're doing and be able to do it quickly and properly.
o Be able to execute all of your job and not just part of it.
o Demonstrate both management and leadership skills.
o Being true to oneself, not getting rattled, thrown off, or unbalanced regardless of the circumstance or situation.
o Hold fast to your principles and act in accordance with them, regardless of how bad or good the situation may be.
o Demonstrate that preparation is complete and all things are ready for you and your organization to complete a task effectively.
o Monitor confidence so that it does not spoil or rot and turn into arrogance
* Competitive Greatness
o Be at your best when your best is required
o Share a joy derived from the struggle itself - the journey, the contest
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels. Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Is eligible to legally work in the United States.
We are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.